Prenatal vitamins make me ill :(

notty

Reaction score
I just can't seem to take any pre-natal vitamins. After 3 - 4 days i start to feel faint, sick and generally ill. I have tried different brands and even just the folic acid ones but they still make me ill. Does anyone else have problems with this too? It's the same with meds in general, i have horrendous side effects. Any advice greatly appreciated.

I was exactly the same, I tried folic acid and the pregnacare and they both made me feel ill but then I can't even take a paracetamol without being ill. Sorry I don't have any advice. I just kept taking them anyway. :x

I stopped taking them but seeing as im a vegan i eat alot of veggies, fruit and pulses. I eat loads of spinach for iron and folic acid but i wish i could take these damn vitamins for peace of mind :puke:

My folic acid makes me feel extremely nauseas in the mroning after i have taken it, my mouth starts fillin gup with water etc....

glad i am not the only one!!

hey hun,

try taking them after your biggest meal of the day with a BIG glass of water as they wont irritate your stomach lining so much. I feel so bad if I take them with breakfast or lunch so I wait until Ive had my dinner and Im full and I get no probs at all. Also it can be worth paying the extra for more expensive brands as the cheapies sometimes can make you feel worse. They take about 14days to get into your system properly. With Pregnancare it took me 2 weeks to get used to them, I had such an upset stomach but now my body is used to them.

Hope you feel better soon

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back