Prolapsed Cervix

toxshock

Reaction score
Last night my partner and I were about to have sex, when we noticed my cervix had dropped to a an inch and a half form the virginal entrance. I have spoken with a nurse and she suspects that it is a prolapse and has made a doctors appointment for me for tonight, which feels miles away. I am only 9 weeks pregnant (second child) and would very much appreciate some advice on what a prolapse is and what it might mean. Very worried, please help!

I'm afraid I have no idea what it is or how I can help, I just didn't want to read the post and run....

Hope everything is ok though!

A prolapsed uterus is caused be a weakening of the muscles that hold it in place - The uterus falls into the vaginal cavity. There are different degrees of prolapse depending on how low it becomes.

Women with prolapses can give birth naturally - your GP will reassure you of this.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Kim x x x x

I saw my doctor last night and had an internal. It seems the the womb is still sitting on the pelvis and has pushed down the uterus and then the cervix. The womb rises at 14 weeks and hopefully this should help. Additionally I have been suffering from quite severe constipation, lasting up to 12 days at a time and with the problems of allergies that cause me to sneeze and cough a lot, it is thought that this may have had an effect too. The doctor has asked me to keep an eye on this and if it has not resolved itself in the next few weeks, she will refer me to a gynecologist. I hope this helps anyone else suffering from a similar problem.

Hey hope you are okay and not in pain. It sounds like you had lots of support from the medical side, so I think that's good.

Thank you also for sharing the information to support others.

Also well done in being interested in sex :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back