Pupp

Elfs Mummy

Reaction score
Been researching it online and i think i have it so i have a doctors appointment this afternoon. Its basicaly a skin irritation that you can get in pregnancy, i've attached a pic of what mine looks like but if you even get the slightest bit really head straight to the docs and get some cream it's caused me so many sleepless nights !!

Last edited:
Ooh that looks like it would be itchy hun hope you get something to soothe it at the docs xxx

It looks like stretchmarks though, what's the difference?

Been researching it online and i think i have it so i have a doctors appointment this afternoon. Its basicaly a skin irritation that you can get in pregnancy, i've attached a pic of what mine looks like but if you even get the slightest bit really head straight to the docs and get some cream it's caused me so many sleepless nights !!

I know all about pupps syndrome, my cousin had it. Your pic actually looks like stretch marks. Some people have more red stretch marks than others.

Pupps syndrome is like big red blisters and bumps not wiggly lines.

You're right to get it checked out tho hun. Do you have any other symptoms other than the red lines?

Pupps is very itchy ALL THE TIME it doesn't go away until baby is born. It's a very different itch to the skin just stretching, apparently it BURNS like someone has set you alight.

Have you googled pupps images? It might put your mind at rest xxx

This is puppp:

images

Yeah that's what I was thinking because I have red stretch marks on my belly and its itchy but that's normal and it's really only itchy at night.

Yeah that's what I was thinking because I have red stretch marks on my belly and its itchy but that's normal and it's really only itchy at night.

Same here. Mine itch at night time, but mine are silver not angry red.

Defo doesn't look like puppps - puppps is huge big red blisters and the itch is a burning itch, not a prickly itch.

It's so easy to look online for symptoms and get in a mad panic (victim of doing this myself!)

I had itching in the 2nd tri and beg of 3rd tri but with no rash, dr's couldn't find anything, but gave me piriton and it cleared up. I think I was allergic to the new washing powder in the end (bloody asda and their promotion booklets!)

Well doctor said its Pupp so i'll go with them, i have that sort of rash under bump and within my stretch mark !

Well doctor said its Pupp so i'll go with them, i have that sort of rash under bump and within my stretch mark !

:shakehead: No way. Sorry but there is no way that pic you showed us is Puppp. Did the Dr just look at it and say it is Puppp, or did he actually carry out tests? What tests did he do?

It took ages for my cousin to be diagnosed with puppp and the tests were intensive. What tests did you have?

:shakehead: No way. Sorry but there is no way that pic you showed us is Puppp. Did the Dr just look at it and say it is Puppp, or did he actually carry out tests? What tests did he do?

It took ages for my cousin to be diagnosed with puppp and the tests were intensive. What tests did you have?

Im going by what the doctor said.
cba to comment properly im very hormonal and dont want to start anything

Sorry hun, just re-read my reply - didn't mean to imply I was 'starting anything'.
I imagine you will have some scraped off and sent away for analysis before it is properly confirmed. Until then, a cool oatmeal bath will help - my cousin swore by it.
Look after yourself hun :hugs:

*hugs* x

awww hun sorry you are in such pain with it, ihope you begin to feel better soon and big hugs too, its hard work this pregnancy malarky isnt it!!xxx

Even the steroids are making no difference just got to put up for 6 more days ! Got the social worker today so thats not helping things :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back