Quad Screening

Laura_C

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just wondered how long it usually takes to get results through for the Quadruple Screening?

I had my blood taken on Tuesday 17th August, so a week and two days ago and I haven't heard anything yet - although I assume no news is good news!

I am off on holiday on Wednesday, so will be out of the country for a week and I don't really want to be worrying about it whilst I am away - surely I should hear after 2 weeks?

I am not sure why I am worrying so much about it as me and hubby have decided even if it comes back high risk I won't be having an Amnio - shouldn't have really had the bloody thing done but I hadn't really thought about it before it was offered so just had it done.

Fingers crossed all is well :???:

Good luck Laura, that's good you already decided that it won't change anything if it does come back higher, then you know where you stand. I got a call a week later when mine was high, so like you say no news is good news, hope you find out before your holiday tho hun then you can relax or at least know where you are.

When mine was high a few (9) years ago I got a visit from
mw less than a week later xx

Thanks for the info girls, sounds like I probably would of heard by now then - she said if I don't hear after two weeks give the hospital a call but I don't want to bother really as I assume if I heaven't heard all is fine.

After thinking it over, we both agree that we couldn't possibly terminate therefore the only purpose the Amnio would serve would be to prepare us if the child did have a condition. I just don't think these screening tests are very accurate so what will be will be!

Just called up doctors and they have said they have the results in but they can't give them to me, so I now have to wait until Tuesday morning to call the bloddy results line because of bank holiday! Grrr!

On the up side though, the receptionist said that the doctor has looked at the results and by the fact I haven't had a phone call or letter yet would make her think that all is ok and there shouldn't be anything to worry about, just the waiting is killing me and then I'm away on Wednesday! So if they are high risk not much chance of me getting a scan or anything until I get back a week later!

oh how annoying, when you two are hanging on these results , the system doesn't think enougth about peoples worrys or emotions does it,

sounds promising tho hunX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back