Question about putting videos on here

Amanda

Reaction score
We've just bought a new camcorder. It's a HDD one, so the vids are recorded straight onto the hard drive of the camera, then I can transfer them to the pc with a usb cable.

They automatically transfer over with the extension .MOD

I've tried uploading them to my photobucket account, but it says the extension is not valid. So I changed one to .MOV as a trial. It still plays on the pc, but then won't upload to photobucket. It seems to work, but then just sticks and won't complete.

Any tips please????? :pray:

Changing the filename won't work - the file still has 'headers' in it telling a computer what file type it is - hence why your computer still plays it. Photo bucket will let you upload it now, because it will initially do a check on the extension, but when it tries to convert it into the format photobucket uses, it'll get stuck, probably why it hangs. Did your camcorder come with any editing software? That should have a facility in it to export to .mov.

Another thing to check is the file size. If it's something like 100MB it will take ages to upload, and probably timeout or hang before it finishes. .mod will probably save a lot of information resulting in a large file size.

Thanks Tracy - that makes sense now!

I've rechecked the stuff that came with the camera, and found a CD containing Cyberlink Producer and Director software. So I've loaded it and had a little play. There are no instructions so I've guessed most of it, but it seems pretty straightforward.

The time to tell is now! I did a small one with 2 movies showing Charlie finding his fist to suck on, stuck them together and loaded them into Photobucket. Let's see if it works....

[/code]

Yayayyyy!!! It works!! How clever am I considering it's nearly 5am!!! :roll:

I'm off to do more now......

EDIT - no I'm not. The camcorder is in the bedroom because I took one of Charlie in his cot! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back