Reiki ...Pregnancy and Labour

Fly

Reaction score
I thought I'd share the experience I had of helping my friend very recently with her labour using Reiki. I am an Okuden (second level) practicioner of Usui Teate Reiki. Reiki is a system of self-healing and its a brucey bonus that it can be channelled for the benefit of others :D Anyways this is my little match report with a few notes which may be of benefit for anyone not just light workers...

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has either channelled reiki through a labour on themselves or on another... I am very keen to use reiki as my main method of pain control when this little one is born and have already started to connect with my baby in that way which I am loving but yeah I really would love to talk about it more with some people if anyone out there wants to :)

anyways hears the story....

J had been labouring since Thursday on and off but properly and painfully from sunday. On wednesday afternoon I gave her a hefty 20 minute reiki session as her contractions had dropped off to every fifteen twenty minutes or so... we went through two contractions in the reiki session and then they were coming on every ten minutes...Another reiki session later on in the evening brought them on to every five minutes apart... soon after we went to the hospital

Visualisation notes: expanding circle with bright white light at centre...focussing reiki through contractions on that circle expanding with each breath. Focussing on centre of circle between contractions...

By the time we got to hospital J was havin contractions every 3 minutes n cos of an outbreak of diorhea/vomitting at the hospital only her partner allowed in with her....then her OH swapped with her mum n we came home for some kip - was gonna be a long night.. she was only 3cm dilated bless her...

At half two she was having contractions coming in waves with no gaps (i've felt every single one from start to finish) i had to go to bed n sent massive distance reiki for another 20 minutes before fallin into a dead sleep for a few hours. my OH woke me up at half four thursday morning n said J's OH needed to go back to hospital - as soon as i was awake i felt the pain ouchy - me n J's OH had a quick cuppa n went back into Bath n he went straight in to see J. She was only 5 cm but contractions had eased off again. I came back home at about 8am.

They broke her waters at 1.30pm n her OH phoned just before to say she was 6cm dilated - well blimey............

Energy workers take note.....

if you are connected on someone labouring you will feel the transition and second stage really clearly.

fortunatley i was at work behind a counter and the lottery machine proved most valuable

i can only describe what i felt n what i sent but the reiki connection changed from full on connection for the hour leading up to and savage rolling waves of pain to all focussed right down low in the groin. I stopped feeling pain n started feeling waves of heat runnin down from head to toe... it was all i could do to hold on for grim death n breathe n focus on the Reiki flooding through my system.. fortunatley my colleagues know I am a reiki practicioner, that I am very close to J n am feelin all this cos they just left me alone a bit to breathe it out.

From them breakin her waters at 6cm dilated at 1.30pm her little man was born at 1.50pm with one tiny little tear.

I noticed with J that about a week before her baby was born I became very aware of her BH's and whenever i was with her I would feel them really strongly. The saturday night we all thought she was having the baby - me and my OH were at home and I couldn't sit down the pains were so intense and strong.. but then it all eased off again bless her.. J's mum was texting me saying he's coming tonight he's coming tonight and then he never came :lol: i even cancelled a night out with the girls from work cos we were all so certain.. tis the way it goes eh totally unpredictable :)

I was at work when the BH's changed to proper contractions and texted J words along the lines of "oouch ya B*****R that was different" to which she replied "ermmmm yeah just a tad!!!" :lol: I had to keep checking back with her to make sure that what i was feeling was her pain in the early stages.. i couldn't beleive i was picking up on it all but i was... and it so helped to be that in tune cos when she needed the reiki to bring on the contractions we were already connected. She pulled from me several times over that week in teh same way as animals pull or young children pull :) :) :) totally amazing....

When I held her little man for the first time on the evening of his birth day he pulled reiki for ten minutes in my arms!!! I was flabbergasted but since then my little tiny bump has pulled reiki from me aswell :D :D :D

It fascinates me... I really would love to hear from any other practicioners on the boards and hear your experiences.. I am hoping to train and study to become a Doula xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back