self employed

janiebump

Reaction score
Hiya im self employed and have been for 2 years, before this i was in permanent work, im now 24 weeks pregnant and wondered if i can claim anything, the job centre have been really unhelpful. I am registered self employed and do a tax return a year and pay my nat insurance stamp quarterly when billed by rev, will i be entitled to a state maternity pay??

Many many thanks for that!!! P.s gorge bump, my tummy bigger than that when im not pregnant :rotfl:

ok been to job centre today and im not entitled to anything with them and they didnt really know much and then i rung a mat allowance number at revenue and customs and they said im not actually entitled to anything, so im totally stuck, i cant claim a single penny??? Not joking me and fiance will end up without a house cos cannot live on 1 wage!!

did they say why??
I'm self employed and was up to date with my class 2 NI (ie the bill you get sent) and I was entitled.
If I was you I would fill the form anyway and send it. You don't have to send any payslips, just your MAT1 form and see what they say. I got my letter back quite quickly saying I was entitled to the full amount.
You can download the form of the internet.

They just said that they didnt really deal wit it and didnt know much about it and gave me a number and they said i wasnt entitled to it but that was stat maternity the one wer ur employed but im just at a dead end now, i rung job centre plus and they said they are going to send me ma form out in the post so i,ll just fill that out x

You should get it then hun :D
Its easier to fill out when your self-employed. You don't need to work out any earning period, so just leave that bit blank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back