She won't drink anything....UPDATED! :)

Stunned

Reaction score
..at all!

We have spent all day the hospital. Eva has refused all drinks (boobs, EBM, formula, water, bottles and beakers). She screams if I try to feed her. She has been like this for 2/3 days now.

Oddly she is happy to eat though and is generally well and happy apart from being dehydrated (dry nappies and very dry poo)

The hospital sent her home this afternoon saying that since she's feeling well in general and eating ok, she will start drinking again soon. Hopefully within 24 hrs or so. Her temp, vitals etc were normal. They managed to test a tiny amount of pee and it was fine. We are to go straight back to the ward if she's still the same after 2 days or worsens.

Today she has had 5oz at 11am, 3oz at 5pm and 4oz at 7pm, all was a struggle to get her to drink and no water at all. This is so not like her at all.

Really worried about her. Anyone else has something like this happen to their LO?

Last edited:
They can go through a nursing strike, could be that. Or her teeth? X

Charley's going through exactly the same ATM. He has only drunk 4-5oz's from his bottles today and won't eat food either. I even tried giving him a fruit pot for tea and he refused!
He's teething badly ATM so I'm putting it down to that x x

She is not teething - no signs at all. Calpol didn't make any difference. Could be a nursing strike but I'm worried that my breast milk will dry up cos she is refusing to feed. It will be a vicious circle when she starts feeding again cos my supply will be low. Aaarrrgggghhh!

She is not teething - no signs at all. Calpol didn't make any difference. Could be a nursing strike but I'm worried that my breast milk will dry up cos she is refusing to feed. It will be a vicious circle when she starts feeding again cos my supply will be low. Aaarrrgggghhh!

Keep offering it to her and express if she's still not interested. Try different holds as well. Get on the fenugreek now so that by the next day or so your supply will be better. Try not to worry xx

I was going to say teathing, we stopped all food when Devon gets grumpy, I saw no sign of teath either, since 4 months he has been awful with it tho, and he has just cut 3 teath, 1 last week and 2 today!

His poo changed and he was bunged up, but was not eating and really dropped his milk and cried alot.

Hang in there , Devon likes to chew a muslin cloth , that's the only thing that helps him and alot of walking about with him!

I would feed or express at the same times you would normally feed and freeze it for later on, and milk should be fine

Hope she takes more fluids tomorow

Sorry, no other advice than what everyone else had said but I feel your stress - Isla is a terrible milk drinker and it's such a worry.

I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Toby completely refused to have any milk when his bottom teeth were coming through - I had no idea what was wrong as he wasn't showing any other signs of teething, but he went completely back to normal a couple of days later and then teeth appeared. His top teeth were always fine but when the next bottom ones came through he was the same again. I just kept trying and worried about my supply too but it was fine. Hope that's all it is for Eva too x x

Hope Eva gets back on track soon. Does sound like could be teeth, they are a bloody nightmare.

Well done Devon for cutting 3 in a week!! Bet that was awful for him :hug:xxxxx

Thanks ladies. Eva is a bit better today. Fed very well last night - I suspect it was because she was asleep. This morning she fed some, not as much as usual but it's better than nothing.

Im expressing my feeds if she refuses them and here's hoping she will be back to her normal piggy self soon :)

Glad she seems to be going back to normal! When Lizzie was going through a nursing strike I wait till she'd been napping for about 20minutes and then dreamfed her so she still got her daytime feeds :)

Glad she seems to be going back to normal! When Lizzie was going through a nursing strike I wait till she'd been napping for about 20minutes and then dreamfed her so she still got her daytime feeds :)

Blimey that's a sneeky idea Becky!! have to remember that one....:dance:

Actually Devon was just like Sams mum said, he was horrible and stroppy and off food, the once that got better again, a few days later the teath were there, funny isn't it!

Stunned - So pleased she has fed better today, bit more peace of mind for you:lol:

Update! - She is now feeding much better today. One very relieved mummy here.

Here is a pic of the little lady's thoughts of my desparate attempts to get her to drink!
262284_2096172331568_1463139208_2214621_3161818_n.jpg

Update! - She is now feeding much better today. One very relieved mummy here.

Here is a pic of the little lady's thoughts of my desparate attempts to get her to drink!
262284_2096172331568_1463139208_2214621_3161818_n.jpg

Brilliant picture! I think Isla's got several of those signs!

LOVE the pic. Glad she's getting back on track. They do like to worry us huh? loll xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back