Should i change jobs now or wait?

chickadee1976

Reaction score
Im currently employed as an administrator/book keeper/ dogs body/slave at a company i hate working for the most inept and biggest bunch of idiots i have ever met.............but they pay well

I am currently retraining and plan to become a child minder when the baby comes. Ideally starting after New year.

Thing is over the summer by the time i shell out for child care ill be coming home with pretty much half of my wage.

Should i try to start childcare over the holidays ... if i had just one child full time it would work out the same money as if i was working and paying childcare.

Sounds good in theory but it means forfitting maternity pay and i would risk losing whatever business i have built up due to taking time of when the baby is born.

Not sure what to do for the best. Obviously id rather be at home with Cameron all summer but that might not be the best course of action financially or for building up a business

Personally i'd say stay with your job now so you get your maternity benefits. Like you say if you take time off when you have LO then you risk losing the business you have, I know if I had a childminder who then took a break of a few months it's quite possible i'd find another childminder, be happy with them and not move my business back.

Obviously spending the summer with Cameron would be lovely. At the end of the day you need to do what your happy with I guess. :hug: Good luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back