**Should I ignore HV and just go for it?

SarahH

Reaction score
I was potty training Arianna and was getting on fine, except if she did hae an accident she got all embarrased and wouldnt want pants or pull ups on for a few days - only nappies.

I spoke to my HV and she said she wasnt ready for it and to wait until at least mid Sept before trying again :(

Well, the last week and a half or so, she has been waking through the night coming through to wake me saying "done poo-poo" or "done pee-pee" (she hasn't actually done them yet... but she says she has)

Should I just go for it again? All the signs are there that she is ready!

Just go for it, if she is worried or embarrassed leave it a couple of weeks again

I agree, she's obviously ready to have another go!

Good luck!

go for it! if she is giving you signs she is ready why not try!! in sept she may not want to know at all!!

HV's advise, Mummy always knows best, I would go with what Arianna is doing and never mind any embarrasing parts, we all have those days, I'm sure she'll be fine at her own pace with Mummy praising her :D Very best wishes :hug: Isaac has a potty now as he has loads of nappy free time and we clap when he does anything on it but he's nowhere near being trained, but I'd rather let him find when he's ready than wait, if that makes sense :wink:

Its very rare that I agree with the hv but I would maybe wait and try it bit by bit during the day. The signs are there, I would agree. Do you think if she were to have another few accidents that she would handle it well just now?

bollox.. u cant time a child.. they dont have to be 2 years 6 weeks to train.. opfft.. shes ready if she is telling u that she needs to go..

If shes telling you that shes been Sarah, and she has bowel control then go for it, reasure her she has nothing to be embarrassed about - praise her even if she has a accident and still take her to the toilet - turn it into a positive! I bet Arianna will be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back