Some feeding and nappy questions

babsi

Reaction score
I am finally going to see my family a week on Saturday for 4 weeks. I have no clue of what milk to get. I was looking on the boots site and saw SMA white which comes in a 1 litre carton (enough to last 1 day) for around 1.60 (sorry can't do pound signs). Is this a good formula to get? It's not too thick? I just don't want Kai to get a formula reaction which puts him in a bad mood.

What other brands have the ready done formula?

I am on solids and am not going to be making my own food when I am away, which brand is best?

Also the nappy sizes? Kai is around 16lbs, which size is best? He is on size 3 here which is 16lbs - 28lbs. What is the equivlent there to that? I get pampers baby dry (use that when we are out and overnight but a cheap brand for when we are inside)

Thanks.

sma white is hungry baby milk is that what you need if not they also do sma gold in cartons which is standard baby milk.

Pampers 3 is about the right size for his wieght but the number 4 ones will also fit him

Sorry, I mixed them up, I don't fancy putting him on hungry baby milk, hasn't needed it here, so SMA white I guess atm, unless quite a few people say it was bad for their baby.

I guess the cheapest place for nappies is somewhere like Tescos. here you can get 60 in size 3 for $19 (halve for pounds). Are the nappies around the same price there?

Thanks for you help

I use Farleys by heinz and they do the cartons, you will also find that is the cheapest brand as the tin says they are commited to fair prices, so it may work out cheaper for you. I have never had any problems with this milk!

nappies are about the same over here

i used sma gold and white and both were ok

babsi SMA (along with cow and gate) is the one they will give you in the hospital after the birth so it must be quite a good/normal one.

Personally I generally use the hipp organic baby food when I use jars as it seems really tasty. For breakfast I use a packet of dried baby cereal, eg, Heinz sunshine banana.

One really good buy is the "frutapura" range, it's on the baby food aisle and it is 4 pots of fruit puree (they do different flavours) It's great and most places have it on offer 2 packs (8 pots) for £2! Bargain!
it looks like this:
applepears.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back