start of ivf and the pill?

rosieria

Reaction score
hi
have finally decided to bite the bullet and go for IVF following unsuccesful IUI in JUly and TTC'ing for what feels like forever.
I have a couple of questions and not sure if anyone can help?
Clinic said I needed to take the pill for 21 days then start the nasal spray down regulation ready for a baseline assessment on 22nd January. which means 21 days pill and about 34 days on the nasal spray.
Day one was Saturday but bleed was so scant and not like a normal period but I called it day one and started the pill. No bleeding on Sunday, did pregnancy test and was negative however it was old test I had lost the instructions and I didn't have a lot of wee! Was negative.
Called the clinic today to tell them about this and that Saturday was Day One.
I still don;t understand why I need to be on the pill for 3 weeks as cycles have always been regular and I have history of migraines and pill has made me feel very down in past but they have not asked about this and I was told about the pill on phone via a nurse. I understood that you took the nasal spray for about 3 weeks from day 3. why the pill?
IN fact, not even explaining myself well here as so miserable and confused! Sorry!

Hi, different clinics do things a bit differently so i can really help other than to say I know of lots of other people who've had the pill before the nasal spray as a normal part of their IVF cycle.

goodluck

I went to a clinic in Spain and they told me to do this, said it would regulate my periods. I DONT HAVE IRREGULAR PERIODS!!!! I stopped after day 3 and called them to say so and then they told me that they were wrong and i infact shouldnt have taken it! Idiots. Incidentally i never went back to the clinic. I cant see the point in TTC and taking the pill???? I was upset and confused like you as well, all taking th pill did was mess up my periods when they were very very stable. I was fuming! After that my periods were not on time for a couple of months, i suffered awful period pains which i never normally get and my AF's were really heavy (and still are) :evil: Hope this helps :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back