They're going to let me have a home birth :)

Clydesdaleclopper

Reaction score
I'm so happy - I've just had an appointment with my consultant and the haematologist and they've finally agreed that I can have a home birth :cheer: It's such a relief - now I can start planning it properly :D

woohoo that's brilliant hun I am really pleased for you,

Oh that's fantastic news...such a more personal experience. I'm planning a homebirth too, I'm thankful I've had a trauma free pregnancy and can have one as wanted.

Aww thats fantastic news, im so looking forward to reading your birth story!
I had a home birth planned as well before i moved down with the inlaws so im envious of you, but I bet my money on that you will have a fantastic experience!

Great news Clydesdaleclopper that you've decided to have a homebirth, just wanted to say it's not a case of them 'letting you' either, they cannot stop you, obviously if you've seen a haematologist there's blood issues so I'm glad there's nothing there to concern you and stop you :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm sure this site will be helpful for you too;
http://www.homebirth.org.uk/
Very best wishes :cheer: :hug:

That's brilliant news! I had a great homebirth on Sunday (still to post my birth story) so I am so so pleased for you!

xxx

Good news CC! You'll be foaling in your own stable. :D I've just noticed you're location is the same as mine! Which hospital is it you're nearest to that have let you?

fab! :cheer: i had a home birth and would soooooooo recommend them! its so good 2b in ur own surroundings during labour and after u hav LO, and nice 4 baby 2 stay and hav their 1st nite sleep in the same place they were born. and its more intimate & special. really pleased 4u!

**C** - it's Aberdeen Maternity Hospital. The midwifes have been very supportive all along - I just had to convince the consultant.

Good stuff. I had my son at ARI, they're well equipped and even offered me a water birth, they did seem crowded though. I'm out at Cruden Bay, so hopefully this time I'll be able to have it at Peterhead....although it means no epidural!! Let's hope it's quick. :D

So what did they have to approve of? Is it how far you are from the hospital? Is this your first? A home birth must be so much more relaxed. Does it mean you can only have gas and air?

Wooohoo!! I'm happy that your getting your home birth!!

On another note... I had Arianna at ARI - and found them fab!!

congrats hope lo stays head down then for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back