transverse lie - UPDATE page 2

thanks ladies :) you're all very reassuring xxx

xena youl be fab whatever happens, just of you have a c section make sure there are lots of hands on at home to do all the cooking cleaning and looking after lydia while you attedn to yourself and the new baby.

Well my husband will be having his 2 weeks paternity leave but after that I'll be on my own with the 2 kids.
How long does it take to recover from a c-section anyway? (just in the event I might need one).

Think that depends from person to person. You should expect that you will prob be in hospital 3-4 days afterwards and you cannot drive for upto 6 weeks or lift anything heavy etc... This is a good overview, I am going to NCT tonight and have asked my teacher to bring me everything she has on c-sections so will have some better reaidng material soon.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/l ... nrecovery/

Keep the baby turning vibes up babe it may happen yet. Keep crawling about everywhere and get that bum in the air! :hug:

yep yep I did some serious bum-in-air rocking today lol. I don't think it's made any difference though - my bump feels the same.

Wish me luck for the scan tomorrow!

Good luck tomorrow Xena. I hope baby turns for you. :)

sooo I had my ultasound this morning, and........

..........he's head down!!! YAY!!!!!!! :D
I guess the rocking on all fours I've been doing must have worked :D

So, phew, that's a load off my mind.

He's also looking large - measuring 95 percentile for his gestational age - but that's okay at least that means he actually IS still on the scale (although they did say they couldn't be 100% sure that he wasn't bigger than that, it was a very rough measurement).

I was bummed that I couldn't get any photos of the scan - he was just too big to see anything clearly. I did ask but they said there was just no point doing pics.

I also asked them to make sure he's definitely a boy - again they struggled because of how big he is but they said they thought they could make out a willy, so that's okay.

Everything seemed healthy from what they could make out.

Thank goodness he turned I'm so relieved :)

Great news Xena. Well done you and well done baby! :D

:dance:

Oh I'm so pleased he's turned for you...excellent news.
No more talk of c-sections (the thought of them scare me too!!).

wow and you didn't notice him turn?? I am convinced my LO is still in the same breeched position as I was sure I would know if it had done a somersault, so maybe mine has too.

really pleased for you Xena, just hope he behaves for the rest of the time, but if he is quite big he prob won't be able to turn back again :hug: :cheer:

thanks both of you.

topbird - no I didn't know he had turned at all. Mind you he's always kicking so I probably just mistook it for a general wiggle rather than a proper turn.

I've noticed today a lot of bashing being done to my bladder though which I'm now assuming is his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back