wat does a faint line on opk mean?

sarahloususan

Reaction score
I dont have a pic sozza but I have a faint line on opk today...faint but def there no arguments. I dont know where the hell I am in terms of cycle and havent had a period since feb.

so my questions are really...

if there is a faint line does it mean im nearing ovulation/after ovulations?
will everyone get a line anyway and then it gets dark when ov-ing or about to ov?
If there is a line there does it mean im actually oving??(sounds daft I know but after having a baby, a dabble with the mini pill and exclusively bfing im unsure)

Any advice from expert opk-ers greatly appeciated. x:)

I get faint lines all the time on opks the only time they change is during ovulation of which then they turn extremely dark for 2 days.

Everybody is different though - it can all depend on the sensitivity of the tests and the individual - some of the girls on here never get faint lines throughout there cycle whilst some girls do.

Hope this helps

Totally agree that everyone's different so until you've taken them for a while it's hard to know. I only get faint lines a couple of days before ovulation - they suddenly get darker and then disappear again, so you might find that they do get darker and you'll ovulate in the next few days :)

well i took another this morning and it was even fainter, so maybe ive just ov'd? will just have to wait and see what happens. ill take them every day to make sure.

it would be so nice to know if im ov-ing or not yet, i feel like my body is all over the place after babba and then mini pill, dr thinks endometriosis is returning..i had it straight after my first 6 years ago..got pregnant a year and a half after trying with my second, just when we give up and decided to return to birth control. funny how it works. x

Thanks for this, was gonna ask this myself as i have the same problem with faint lines :)..Had one this morning myself xx

Usually the lines get darker as you body builds up a LH (lutenising hormone) which should cause you to ovulate. Watch up for cervical mucus that is stretchy like egg white too as that can come just before a positive ovulation test and is apparently the easiest for sperm to swim through!

so if you did one and had a faint line, then a week later no line would you sat ive missed ov? i have noticed increase in cm but TMIALERT its been more yellowy, does it have to be white? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back