Weaning and Milk

Tiggy26

Reaction score
I started to wean Antonio about 3 weeks ago and so far hes only had 2 different types of creamy porridge, Origional and Banana. He woofs it all down and the portions are getting bigger! Id really like to start him on some other foods but im not sure what to give as im scared I will end up giving him certain foods to early on.

What varied foods have you given your baby around this age? How do you store them? Is it safe to give him finger foods and what kind of finger foods do you give?

Also, I always offer Antonio an 8oz bottle before his porridge (thats what he was taking before I started weaning) just recently hes stoped drinking after 4-5oz but still takes the whole lot of his porridge. How many oz of milk do you give per day when you are weaning?

Thanks

T xx

ello :wave:

leland jas just about dropped his last bottle so now has around 4 x 7 oz bottles

at 6pm his has his dunner , which is pureed something , or rusk or babyrice ( his loving pureed apple , mango and banna at mo ) i just gave him carrot for the first time couple of days ago ,i must admit im using hipp organic jars at mo :oops:

oh and at lunch time he gets to chew on proper fruit in his fresh food feeder , again mango and banna

hi hun,

once James had gotten used to the baby rice i started him on blended fruits and veg. His favourites are carrots and sweet potato or butternut squash and broccoli he also loves pureed apple and lentils and carrot.

He was on them at his lunch time feed for about a month and during this time he was still on his 5 bottles a day.

Now I have removed his lunchtime bottle and give him a bit of pudding (pureed fruit) along with his veggies and a drink of juice and that does him for 4 hours, so he has gone down to 3 bottles a day and has cereal for breakfast with his bottle, his lunch 4 hours later, then 4 hours after that a milk feed then his final milk feed about 7.

Hope that helps.

:hug:

Thanks for your replies. This is getting all so scarey!! Do you think im giving him to much milk? Maybe I should stop giving him 8oz bottles of milk and drop them to 7oz? and give him more food with each meal time?

I'm going to give this a try, How does this sound.........

7.30am 7oz of milk followed by creamy porridge.

11am 7oz milk.

2pm 7oz milk followed by pureed something

6pm 7oz milk again followed by small portion of pureed something and desert.

thats only 4 bottles of milk a day :shock: hes on 6 bottles of 8oz at the moment!

im just going to play around with the above and see what happens, give more if he wants more.

T xx

this is what Jeremy has;

7.00 porridge and 4 oz of milk

10.00 5 oz of milk

1.00 purreed something and 4 oz of milk

3.30 5 oz of milk

5.00 purreed something and 4 oz of milk

8.00 5oz of milk

it's taken me ages to get in a routine since starting 3 meals a day, and i do find feeding him takes alot longer, he used to feed 4 hourly. At least this way though I know he still gets enough milk and he does tend to get fed up after a while with the solid food so needs feeding more often. My plan is as he gets older I can replace the milk in between feeds with snacks instead.

Hope this helps, I think it is very much trial and error though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back