Weight gain slowing down

kellie80

Reaction score
Nathan seems to have been piling the weight on every week but he seems to have slowed a bit now. He still drinking his milk fine so is it normal for them to start slowing down at this age. He is now 15lb 8oz at 14 weeks and he has only gained 10oz in the last 2 weeks. I know that is fine but its a lot less than he was gained. It takes Aimee about 3 months or more to gain that, LOl.

Dont they say when the weight slows down significantly at that age its showing its time for weaning?

Minime said:
Dont they say when the weight slows down significantly at that age its showing its time for weaning?

i seem to remember reading that somewhere :think:

Oh, not heard that before. I thought it was when they were actually getting weaned there weight gain would slow down.

Its either in your red book or the bounty newborn one. Its coz milk isnt enough for him anymore hence not putting on weight as much.

Ahh, well that makes sence. Does that mean hes getting ready to be weaned then? He has started watching me when we eat and sometimes only goes 2 hours in between bottles. I was trying to wait till he is 17 weeks but maybe its because hes quite a big baby.

The signs are watching what you eat, putting things in his mouth, less satisfied with milk and wanting more feeds and not gaining weight as much. Because Eefie is 15lb my HV said thats the weight most will start weening anyway hence why he has rice already.
He wont be far off now hun. DD wasnt bothered and waited till 16-20 weeks and didnt get up to 3 meals a day until about 6 months, we weened between 9-12 weeks back in yonder years!

I might give him ago next week then. He is always putting stuff in his mouth and is always chewing his fist. I just though he might be starting to teeth a bit early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back