What am I doing wrong

Jazz

Reaction score
Having problems with Layla's sleeping or lack of! I am struggling with Layla at night she always wakes at 12/1 am for a bottle then sleeps for 2 hours some times 3 hours if we are very lucky after this she wakes for a bottle every hour problem is getting her back to sleep after, she starts falling asleep when she's finished the bottle then wakes up again I put her back in her crib but for a hour or more she is wide awake kicking and gurgling away and wants another feed, some time like last night she will wake up and not go back to sleep she's been up since 4am. She sleeps alot in the day and we have been following the midwife's advice to wake her for feeds at regular times but doesn't seam to be helping!

Hun you're not doing anything wrong, this is perfectly normal for a newborn. They generally go 2 hours between feeds. As they grow their stomachs grow too and so can hold more food, but at first their tummies are about the size of a marble so empty quickly and need to be filled again. They need to feed alot at first to help them be strong and grow.

The first few weeks are really tough but soon she'll go longer between feeds. Just try to sleep when she's sleeping and keep resting as much as possible coz it is v tiring at first.

I wasn't prepared for the feeding schedule, it came as a shock lol, but you soon get into it.

xxxxxxxx

thankyou the hospital said feed her every 4 hours, but health vistor said demand feed which works better for her :) what about getting her back to sleep? She has just dropped off she woke up at 4am thank you

I agree.... its mad in the first month or so :wall2:, and your not doing anything wrong chick!!
My LO was up all the time every 2 hours or so day and night, and it took him ages to feed so i was only getting an hour sleep here and there. He used to grunt and groan sooo loud when feeding him in the night i had to wear ear plugs...no joke :shock:!! I put him in his own room at six weeks cos he would just keep me awake in between feeds grunting. God it was blooming awful :mad:!! And i can honestly say i got no joy out of be a mummy for the first month!! (god i sound awful..but its the truth) I didn't know what time of day it was or who i was half the time!!! But it does get better, believe it or not :dance::dance::dance:xxxxxxxx

like the others said hon you are not doing anything wrong. Keep it di mlight and don't talk to her at night, get her used to the difference. Owen feed 2 hourly for frist 3/4 weeks then 3 hourly for a long time after that.
First few weeks are tough. Let everyone around help you as much as possible and rest as much as you can.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back