What are u doing for the long weekend?

jomc

Reaction score
We are starting on the nursery!
At the mo its a spare bedroom and dumping ground. DH is putting some flooring in the loft so we can store more stuff up there. Luckily the room doesnt need painting... its a biscuit and chocolate colour at the mo so going to leave as is.
Hoping to get a chest of drawers soon so I can start putting away the clothes we have gotten so far.

My plans for the weekend are, having a sweep tomorrow morning, and then treking off to Bournemouth to see Lee Evans tomorrow evening

Nik106 - you're brave :) and Im sooo jealous you are going to see Lee Evans :)

And for the weekend, I will be mostly doing...NOTHING :( got no money, no man and my friends are all busy :( boooooo hooooooo lol xx

Nik106 - you're brave :) and Im sooo jealous you are going to see Lee Evans :)
I may not get to go yet :lol: Bets are on that it'll be tomorrow just because i'm desperate to go! You should have seen my face when i went to put my due date in my calendar (not that i could possibly forget) and realised they were the same day! Its only an hour or so for us, and my midwife seems happy for me to go, as if i do go into labour, i'll probably have time to come home and if i don't, well, there's two hospitals really close together

Back bedroom has just been re-decorated so putting all the office and PC stuff back in it. Then sorting out all of the crap we've dumped in the front bedroom so it's nice and clear for the new windows to go in.

well i got some money back from a solicitor this week so drew up a list of all the lovely baby things i could spend tomorrow going to buy........but now there is something wrong with the car so i can't :( OH is being annoyingly sensible and telling me to hang onto until we take the car in next week and see whats wrong with it :(

other than that just going to friends for dinner tomorrow night - think its gonna be fairly boring really not that i'm complaining, nice to have the long weekend off. xx

I'm off for a spot if shopping with my mum tomorrow and then probably mill about at home watching OH do the gardening while I very slowly work my way round the house tidying :)

We are decorating our lounge tomorrow because my hubby has been struck with the nesting vibe and decided he hates the colour, it looks shabby and it needs completely re-doing immediately!!! I'm gonna sit and watch him with my feet up and maybe a cheeky mccy d's!! My mum went into labour with me at 35 weeks while she was decorating the kitchen so I'm taking no chances!!!

i've got a couple of bits goin on but nothin i wanna do! DH won't let me buy anythin until after our 22 week scan so i can go window shoppin but not a lot else :(

got a bbq at my dads which im not lookin forward to, and might even buy more storage boxes so i can empty some more of the spare room out. it was the dumping ground until 2 weeks ago when i started clearing it. you could only just about open the door then close it again! now you can walk in and do a twirl! :lol:

Do you know what, I am so relieved other people have a room where they just dump stuff. I thought it was mine and DH's guilty secret :D

We've boarded the loft so anything we really want to keep goes up there. However we are being really harsh and selling or chucking a load of stuff.

Forgot to mention, this weekend we will be getting the cats boosters at the vet, very rock n roll .....

Daughters 15th birthday today so she is off shopping with friends then having a family meal, im off to sort my horses out, chill out day tomorrow and off to a country show on monday.

Do you know what, I am so relieved other people have a room where they just dump stuff. I thought it was mine and DH's guilty secret :D

We've boarded the loft so anything we really want to keep goes up there. However we are being really harsh and selling or chucking a load of stuff.

Forgot to mention, this weekend we will be getting the cats boosters at the vet, very rock n roll .....
Its definitely just not you! You should see my nan's one! Its hard to get in the door to find the things i left there :lol: I had one too, usually where i put things when i had people coming over unexpectedly and i didn't have time to tidy things properly

im too ill to work so im probably gonna be curled up on the sofa watching bad tv. mght have to skip work on monday too, depends how much i puke in the next day or 2

I'm going shortly to get tattoo on my back made bigger. I got small 5 year one done 7 1/2 years ago and it hasn't moved at all. Decided I don't like it anymore and time for a change. :)

Also have just sold my car that I've had for last 6 1/2 years and going on Monday to lift new one. Well new to us lol It's our wedding anniversary on Monday too :)

Had a totally lovely day, my mum bought me a few maternity clothes for work from next then I came home to find OH had done the housework! All ive got to do is a couple of washes :) and this is the man who can't put his dirty socks in wash even though he walks past the basket!!!

Feel totally spoilt today!

Well 8 hours later we have got the spare room cleared and a few bits in. Not 100% there as a nursery... its half bedroom half nursery lol. Changing unit and rocking chair is in there but we are leaving the single bed in for the mo as will need it over xmas with visitors. But im very happy!
Even hung up bubs' snow suits etc in the wardrobe :)
We have ordered some winnie the pooh wall fabric wall hangings so when they arrive we will pop them up. Need to get a couple of shelves up as well... hopefully we will buy those this weekend:)

Last edited:
im cat sitting whilst my mum has a dirty weekend in york lol x

Another rock and roll weekend here. I will be mainly clearing out my spareroom (soon to be nursery) and understairs cupboard and getting stuff together for a car booty to go towards the baby fund. I can't handle the excitement....

Apparently I've taken the opportunity of a long weekend to grow a second head on my jawline. Ewwwwww.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back