What do you need to buy?

knopk@

Reaction score
Sorry if it has been posted before, but want to get your opinions on which equipment to buy before lo is here. I am intending to breastfeed but dont know if i will be able to, this is my first.
So far i have:
Microwave steriliser
6 bottles and different teats(Avent starter set)
Couple of soothers
Planning to buy nipple protectors

Do i need to buy a breastpump and storage for milk or should i wait and see if i can breastfeed? I have heard the bet one is medela swing, whats everyone's experience?
Thanks for sharing, i am feeling a bit lost:shock:

I can't help when it comes to breastfeeding but if you can't do it then what you've said is fine for formula.
I use a microwave steriliser and avent bottles. I had 6 bottles to start off with, with size 1 and 2 teats. I think I used size 2 nearly straight away though. I also had 2 dummies just incase I lost one.
Make sure you have a bottle brush too to wash the bottles with x.

I can't help when it comes to breastfeeding but if you can't do it then what you've said is fine for formula.
I use a microwave steriliser and avent bottles. I had 6 bottles to start off with, with size 1 and 2 teats. I think I used size 2 nearly straight away though. I also had 2 dummies just incase I lost one.
Make sure you have a bottle brush too to wash the bottles with x.

Yep I agree with this. Might be worth is getting a few different sized teats. I only had 2 of the second and third size (tommee tippee) and I've had to change milk today so I'll need to get more size 2 tomorrow. Wish I had gotten more because now I can only make 2 bottles in advance.
I'm not sure about the bf'ING either. Get a couple of different types of soothers. I know one of the girls swears by the tommee tippee cherry type ones!
Get a tub of formula just incase, but don't stock up since you're intending bf'ing, and even if you do formula feed you might need to change milk and some of it might end up being wasted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back