What's the best age.....

libs said:
No younger than 7 certainly as they can't develop speed distance awareness till then and you run the risk of them trying to cross a road to get a ball or something and being unable to judge safety

exactly why i put 8. i would let them play in a closed front garden etc at 5 or 6 and if i was with them but not near a road or able to wonder.

I was out from the age of 3. But we lived in a close knit countryside village. In the area I currently live in I'd let them on the front communal lawn from 5.

well where we live now Braydon would have to be very sensible before i let him out
we live in a really nice area but were rite on the road and u get to or three serious idiots that drive around like maniacs and im not confident that they wouldnt go off the road

Josh is 5 & a half & begs me to let him out the front, but i can't here because there is a road to croos before you get to the green where the kids play, but there are some mothers that do, there is always a girl of about 5/6 wandering around on her own :(

if i let Josh out even with Georgia who is nearly 11 i would be too worried.
he plays in the back garden.
i even worry that Georgia is ok out the front :roll:

i put 8 because i think by that time they r a bit more aware but my son is 15 and i still worry when he is out the house and i hate it when he says he is going to shopping centers and things and he is the most sensible lad you could wish to meet but i dont think he is the problem its the other idiots that r out there

Tom and Beth were 8.

They are allowed to play out in our cul de sac and at the end of our road there is an open field with a playground which they are allowed to play on as long as they stay together :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back