When do you go in for an elective c-section?

first-timerhello

Reaction score
My wifes due date is jan 12th and her placenta is lying low at the moment. If she had to go in for a c-section, how close to the due date would it usually be?

Depends on your NHS Trust, my health trust book you in at 39 weeks. If you look on your Trusts website you should be able to find some policy leaflets/info on there - I was given one by my consultant though.

I have the exact same due date 12th Jan, and I'm going in on 39, they usually have a set day of the week in your hosp for your consultant

all my last ones were 38 weeks plus, (the monday of that week, but they do them later now to help baby's lungs)

hope you get a date soon

Last edited:
im having mine at 39 wks which does seem the norm now although if her placenta is low ling and they really dont want to risk her going into natural labour they may do 38wks ask your consultant or mw

Mine's booked in at 39 weeks + 2 days, so 5 days before my due date, my last one was at 38 weeks

Did you find out the placenta is lying low at the 20 week scan?? If so i wouldn't worry to much, mine was low too, but i was told that in most cases the placenta will grow upwards with the womb growing bigger over the next few months. I have got a scan to just check that it has moved up at 34 weeks.

It was the 20 week scan that they told us this. We have a scan next week at 26w to monitor it then another scan at 34w depending on the scan next week... :)

We asked the consultant and ge said my wife would go in at 38 weeks which would be the 29th Dec!

How did the 26 week scan go??
I didn't get a 26 wk scan just got a 34 wk to check it has or hasn't moved. I am guessing your wifes must have been lower down than mine.

The consultant said it was still lying low. This consultant is one of the best in the UK apparently, does talks/lectures all over the country. We asked him if he thought it would move. He said no, it looks like its staying there. So we have another scan booked for 32weeks!

I think mine was a more of a text book, that it looked like it will probably move around as everything grows, but they will double check at 34 weeks.

Best of luck, i am sure all will be fine, i know plenty of people who have had c sections and they would do it again.

The way we are thinking is that at least we know what to expect. We just need to plan now lol

at your next appointment just ask them at how many weeks they deliver and what day do they do it on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back