When should i test?

BabySols

Reaction score
Hi there, i had a missed miscarriage and the d+c procedure on the 28th November but didnt bleed at all afterwards. We have had sex a few times since then mostly this week but i don't know when i will ovulate or when AF is due. I am thinking i will test on xmas eve as that is when AF would have been due had i not got pregnant in November. From what i can work out there is no set time for AF to show after a m/c is that right? Just would like to know if i am either pregnant or at least when AF is due so that i can work out when i will ovulate next month. Thanks.

The registrar gynae dr I saw at the weekend said that it normally takes between 4-6 weeks after m/c to have AF again. I'm going to give it until my AF starts again until we start trying to give my body a bit of a break...well, that's the intention anyway!
Are you having pregnancy symptoms, is that why you're going to test?

Hi Hannah, hope your doing ok hun :hug: I'm not having any symptoms as such, just very tired but then i didn't get any symptoms when i was pregnant last month. I want to test because i have read you are a lot more fertile after a m/c and also i am really impatient and either want to know i am pregnant again or for af to hurry up so that i can get back to TTC. I was going to wait til after my next af too but i feel ok about the m/c now tbh, i have it straight in my head that it wasn't the right egg/sperm combination and so feel ready to start over and hopefully get it right this time.

Have you tested yet? I know how you feel, i'm impatient to start trying again but also a little part of me is wary too. I didn't realise you're more fertile after m/c, I wonder why that is? Hopefully our bodies will be more prepared next time around. I wish you every good luck in ttc again and hope all goes well for you sweetie. As they say, new egg, new sperm this time!
:hug:

I think i will test on xmas eve as that will be nearly a month after my d+c and 5 weeks after my m/c and also xmas eve would have been when my af would have been due anyway. Apparently we are more fertile after a m/c as our ovaries and things are all still open or something along those lines but i have seen lots of ladies on this forum that have got their bfp very soon after a loss. Good luck to all of us for NewYear BFP's :dance: :dance: :hug: :hug:

i had my first af 6 weeks after my d and c :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: sorry for your loss hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back