When to start again?

MrsH

Reaction score
Hiya

Just want some advice really. Had a missed M/C and had Medical Evacuation last Sunday (23.03.08). The bleeding has nearly completely stopped now only a slight bit when I wipe.

What I want to know is it ok now to start TTC again, I am ready mentally and really want to try again as I know now that we can conceive.

Anyone start straight after? or is it best to wait till AF shows up?

Any advice would be great :)

Kate xx

Missed M/C at 6 weeks on 23.03.08

so sorry for your loss hun :hug:
its up to you really when to start ttc again everyone has different opinions on it some suggest waiting 3 months but if you feel ready then go ahead the reason you should wait for 1st proper af is because if you get pg again straight away you wont know how far you are along till you have a scan (which could be a bonus as they would scan you early to check) good luck with whatever you decide hun xxxxxxx

Hello Kate,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have support from family and friends to help you process your grief.

Most doctors will say wait until you are physically and emotionally ready to TTC. I've also heard that waiting at least one cycle is best. Personally, I would wait because you may experience mixed emotions once you get pregnant again. My psychologist said that many women often experience both joy and sadness upon getting pregnant so soon after a miscarriage because of the new baby. Give yourself some time to grieve (it doesn't have to be long) and then start TTC.

Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best.

I would also recommend waiting until your first period, it just gives you time for things to settle down and gives you a date to use to calculate how far along you are etc.

We started TTC straight after my first period and I'm kinda glad that I haven't got pregnant again just yet as I've had more emotions come through the longer its been since it happened.

Hi hun, I am so sorry about your loss. I have waited for six weeks before we started trying again. I have heard that body needs to recover after the m/c. If you fell pregnant right away, there is a higher risk of early m/c. I don't want to scare you of course, but would recommend few weeks wait. :hug:

Start again when you feel ready and good luck :hug:

My close friend lost her baby at 14 weeks and fell pregnant again straight away - she is now 22 weeks and expecting a healthy baby boy.

It all depends on how YOU feel - maybe get the advice of your doctor / consultant too?

She was told so many conflicting things she decided to just go for it!!

Good luck :hug:

Hi Kate I'm so sorry for your loss. I only just read this. I waited one cycle to make sure my periods were okay. The doc advised it but also said there is no medical reason too. Just gives the body and mind time to settle. Take care of yourself hun. PM if you need anything. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry about your loss :hug:
there is right answer as to when to ttc again, through my 5 losses which were all d&c's i have been told all different things, from 'you dont need to wait for your first period' and, 'wait 3 months' and, and the best one the consultant told me last week was 'if you can wait a year' :shock:

so it is really up to you, there is no evidence that falling pregnant straight after can cause another m/c or that waiting 1,3, or 12 months will prevent another m/c.

take care and do what is right for you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back