White carbs cause PCOS!

LouiseB

Reaction score
I was reading a fertility magazine today at the hospital and there was an article about how to be healthy and all that stuff.

You know, the usual - stop drinking, no smoking, yada yada...

Well then it went on about a recent study that investigated PCOS being related to insulin and bloodsugar.

White carbs like sugar (in sweets and alcohol) and bread and pasta cause your blood sugar level to suddenly rise and then suddenly falls as your body over compensates by releasing loads of insulin.

This is the primary suspect for preventing ovualtion and causing PCOS :shock:

I was kind of aware of it through Princess using metformin (a medication for insulin resistance) to treat her PCOS but i found it quite shocking really.

I hadn't read it in such a black and white context before :oooo:

PS - everyone who is ttc should be screened for Rubella, i have meant to mention it before and just remembered now :)

Last edited:
:shock: I have to say i eat white bread, pasta and sweets by the bucketload, but dont have PCOS. I guess i'm lucky then

Shocking. xxx

Prob a Daft question butHow does rubella affect TTC louise? x

Well I never knew that, damn all that booze :mad: x

Thanks for the info ! I eat far to much sweets and bread! Now I finally have a reason to kick them out my diet!!

I'm starting to run out of things to be allowed to eat now lol. All this TTC malarky sucks!!! :) x

That is interesting!! I use to eat lots of sugar and White bread and have 'mild' pcos, the month of my BFP I had cut that all out! I wonder if that helped with my ovulation?! Xx

Prob a Daft question butHow does rubella affect TTC louise? x

I gotta have a blood test on cd 2 to check for rubella, doc said its to make sure I dont have it as it can be extremely harmful if your pregnant x

Anyone know if u still need to get checked for Rubella if you were vaccinated as a teen? I know some vaccines sometimes need a top up.

We asked about that as we were vacinated at school for it but my doctor said that it can run out xx

Ah i see... thanks for that vicky, when i did my nurse training we had to get vaccinated against Hep B, blah blah but they also did a blood tests to see if we needed another MMR vaccine and i didnt need one so i guess that means i have immunity.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back