Wine Drinkers - Recommendations?

happy-chick

Reaction score
Hey Girls, Hubby & I are trying to find a wine that we both like so that we can both enjoy a bottle now & again (I cant at mo cos b/f but that wont be forever!) so we're wondering if people can recommend some wines that we could try and see if we like them?

I dont like most wines ive tasted, to me they taste like vinegar :lol: and a few ive tasted that are ok but i dont know the names :wall: I do like MOET champagne (yum yum!) with lemonade - So something that tastes simular to that maybe? Something sweet not dry? Argh im useless lol any suggestions wud be great :D

Thank uuuuuu!! :D

try a white zinfandel or a grenache - they are both Rose wines and are very drinkable :) I lovveeeee them...

Cherry lambrini tastes like cherryade.. if you like cherryade you might like it!

Cant recommend any white wines as I think they are :puke: but for red wine I recommend Cabernet Sauvignon or Shiraz....yum :D

I dont like red wine (well ones that ive tasted) although rose is ok from what i've tasted, will give those a shot! :D

Totally agree with Suzie, and you should find the zinfandel quite drinkable.............a lot of rose wines are much sweeter than white. Also most german wines are fairly sweet (black Tower, Blue Nun etc).

Personally I love a good bottle of Sancerre, or Pouilly Fuisse - but both are crisp & dry, so probably not for you!

Oh what I would give for a cold glass of wine......... :D

Most sweet wines that you get now are dessert wines, which come in a smaller bottle and are generally stronger. If it's just to enjoy a glass with DH then any dessert wine would be a good one to try!

You can get them in supermarkets, they should be in their own section and you'll be able to tell because of the half bottle size.

The fashion for wine changes all the time, it was chardonnay, now onto Pinot Grigio (yummy, I've drank it since I was in Italy 10 years ago!)

For me, the drier the better! I like a wine to sook all the saliva out my mouth it's that dry! :rotfl:

It's kinda difficult to get even medium sweet wine nowadays, so your best bet might be to go for a dry one, and add lemonade, as you did with Moet. Moet is seriously dry!!

You could also try a medium sweet cava. Tesco do a great one, (says Demi Sec on the label, instead of Brut) or you could try a 80's favorite, Asti Spumante! These are all sparkling, and are lovely served ice ice cold.

What about White Zinfandel (rose) - it's lovely & sweet!

I don't get that luxury at the moment tho - my hubby's going through a homebrew phase!

Someone's quite clearly into their wine!.. LAINEY!! :shhh:

LaineyG said:
now onto Pinot Grigio (yummy, I've drank it since I was in Italy 10 years ago!)
I LOVE Pinot... It's cheap AND very easy to drink! x

Gallo Rose (grenache)
Gewurztraminer (Alsace wine) fresh, crisp and quite sweet
Look out for Hardy's Stamps of Australia - anything from Oz is perfection in my book :wink:

I used to hate wine, but then started hanging out with a couple of grls who likes it.
I eased myself in on a really sweet spanish white - cant remember what its called but was only about £3.50 from tesco if that.

I dont really have a brand which i like now, i dont drink sweet and more, prefer a nice dry and usually have whatever is on offer at the end of the Tesco aisle.

Red wine is my drink of choice but only for a glass or two, i cant drink it all night as i end up throwing up :puke:

dannii87 said:
Someone's quite clearly into their wine!.. LAINEY!! :shhh:

Moi!?!?!?! Never! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I just picked a few things up during my training in getting drunk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back