Worried

lucyk

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a little concerned. I have not had Jessica weighed for a while as they have stopped doing it at baby massage and i have not had chance to go to the clinic. I weighed her today to see if she was big enought for a forward facing car seat and she is 17lb 8oz which is 1oz less than a month ago. She is 9 months old and does move now. Is she too underweight? Do you think i should contact the health visitor?

Thanks
Lucy

im not sure what she's ment to way , its hard for me as lelands that already ! maybe try to pop along to clinic if you can ?

I believe they should be 19lb before they are in a forward facing car seat.

I wouldnt worry to much hun, just get yourself down to a clinic when you get a chance, im sure they will tell you its perfectly fine. Or look in the back of your red book, at the charts for weight, they have the 50th centile, 25th centile etc etc lines on them, you can see how shes doing from that. But remember, every baby is different, and whats 'normal' for one, may not be for another.

Thanks for your replies ladies.

I have looked in the red book and she is between the 9th and 25th centile. I cant understand it she is breastfeeding 4-5 times a day and having 3 meals and snacks :(

then she's just petite ! i think valentines ella is the same , petite !!! leland is a heffer lmao the other end of the scale !

i wouldnt put her in the forward seat till over 20lb tho , there safer in rear facing anyway so longer the better !

If you used your scales at home they may be inaccurate. Scales have to be calibrated to keep them right.

kalia said:
If you used your scales at home they may be inaccurate. Scales have to be calibrated to keep them right.

I was gonna say exactly the same thing. I get Evie weighed every couple of weeks or so but I missed a weigh in the other week so I popped her on my mum's scales and she weighed 10oz less than 2 weeks previous :shock: :shock:

Anyway, a couple of days later I managed to get to see the HV as I was obviously worried and it turns out she hadn't lost any weight at all and it was the scales at my mums that were wrong! :cheer:

I wouldn't worry hun! :hug: :hug:

Lola is quite light even though she has at least 3 breast feeds a day as well as 3 solid meals and snacks!!

She's maybe just going to be petite which isn't a bad thing :)

What the others have said ^

Also, if she's started moving around a lot she's likely to drop down the centiles so I don't think there's anything to worry about. ds started commando crawling at 5 1/2 months and immediately dropped down to the 25th centile (where he still is now!).

Take her to the clinic when you get a chance, I'm sure the HV will be able to reassure you.

Last edited:
Luke feeds all the time and is under the 25th line. Dont worry about it. If she looks healthy and is feeding well, then she is most likely ok!

Hi Lucy,

if you look at my other threads I'm having the same worries with Asher, and he's about the same age.

He has just started to crawl. I know it's worrying, but just keep doing wht you're doing and get her weighed again in a few weeks time.

Ash is a very good eater aswell (normally) and I cna't understand how he's lost weight.

K.xx

Isaac's weight has always gone slightly up and down especially when he started crawling and walking. Even now one week his trousers feel snug then the next week they are falling down and he has to wear a belt. Isaac eats fine and has a good appetite so its just natural I think for kids weight to fluctuate. Wish mine bloody would :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back