14 year old burns herself on sunbed

well im my younger more foolish days i used to sit on the sunbed for up to 45 mins :oops: :oops:

i knew the risks i just didnt care....now ive grown up a little :wink: ive seen the results and its not nice

NooNoo said:
well im my younger more foolish days i used to sit on the sunbed for up to 45 mins :oops: :oops:

i knew the risks i just didnt care....now ive grown up a little :wink: ive seen the results and its not nice
My gosh but were you using the one you hire out for home use ??
Cause you can do about 2hrs on them there tubes are nothing like the shops own ...

She shouldn't really be going on the sunbed at her age... my cousin can vouch for that... she went on all the time since being a teenager and now her skin is absolutely wrecked and she really wishes she hadn't!!

Although first degree burns means she basically has sunburn and has made the news because nothing more exciting is going on :lol:

At 14, she has had enough education to knows sunbeds are bad. The salon may operate a lax policy, but she certainly should have known better.
I knew someone who was dead at 16 from a melanoma that metastisized, after 2 years chemo etc.
I really, really hope that it doesn't happen to her due to her own stupidity.

Jade&Evie said:
[quote="mrs_tommo22":fb2k576d][quote="Jade&Evie":fb2k576d]:roll: Div.

Hope the tanning salon is in trouble too- why is a 14 year old allowed on their beds??

And what kind of mother lets their daughter go on a sunbed anyway? :twisted:

Re phrase to what kind of mother lets their 'child' go on a sunbed. :wink: :D

Its disgusting though and i hope the mother is ashamed of herself.

Ive never ever been on a sunbed.[/quote:fb2k576d]

I'm not a child and my mum won't let me. If I go on one then I keep it a secret- she'd kill me[/quote:fb2k576d]

Your mums got some sense then! my litt esister goes on them quite alot - bit egghhhh really!

Waiting4amiracle said:
NooNoo said:

My gosh but were you using the one you hire out for home use ??
Cause you can do about 2hrs on them there tubes are nothing like the shops own ...

yea just read your other post....thats how i got...really scary,

yea the 45 mins was a home one!! i fell out of the hole on a stand up one!!

Silly girl

Jade&Evie said:
:roll: Div.

Hope the tanning salon is in trouble too- why is a 14 year old allowed on their beds??

And what kind of mother lets their daughter go on a sunbed anyway? :twisted:

I agree :|

Have you seen her in that vid though? She does look 16 so not sure what a receptionist would have done anyway.
Someone else said some people go from shop to shop using the sunbeds over the time limit... it has to be a case of common sense!

I heard them interviewed the mother was saying "what if she had passed out, she would have been on her own" and the daughter said "I know I should have known better but its half their fault too" - can anyone else hear the kerching of cash tills.

beanie said:
I heard them interviewed the mother was saying "what if she had passed out, she would have been on her own" and the daughter said "I know I should have known better but its half their fault too" - can anyone else hear the kerching of cash tills.

Exactly right I think Beanie! It's another example of the compensation culture we're growing into. Wants somebody else to give her a payout for her own stupidity. And with the mum being involved in health and safety she'll most likely know all the right things to say and get it as well :shakehead:

How was it half their fault, does she not know how to think for herself :roll:

jazzmum2be said:
I dont think its the mothers fault as she didnt no about.
But the girl should of known better.

But it shows that the mother didn't have a clue about what her daughter was doing. I find that quite sad. I hope that I'll have a closer relationship with my daughter when she's a teenager. I believe it is the parents' responsibility to educate their children about what to do and what not to do.

If Mills ever wants an orange glow, I'll talk to her about the risks and alternatives, such as spray on tans.

What an idiot! :roll: She could have at least took her bra off! :talkhand: :lol:
Just playin!
I agree with whoever said sunbeds should be banned for cosmetic use! They are nothing but bad for you to use like that! Not only are you of increased risk of skin cancer etc but at 25 you look 40 and when your 40 I wouldnt like to say how old you look! (lets put it this way, a girl I know who is 40 always gets asked if she is my other friends mum! My other friend is 30!)

I used sunbeds a couple of times to help my skin a few years back and couldnt stand it! 3 minutes of torture! :lol:
I would rather be pale and spotty! :lol:

widowwadman said:
jazzmum2be said:
I dont think its the mothers fault as she didnt no about.
But the girl should of known better.

But it shows that the mother didn't have a clue about what her daughter was doing. I find that quite sad. I hope that I'll have a closer relationship with my daughter when she's a teenager. I believe it is the parents' responsibility to educate their children about what to do and what not to do.

If Mills ever wants an orange glow, I'll talk to her about the risks and alternatives, such as spray on tans.
tbh she may have told her mum she was doing something else so the mother would have been none the wiser, i really think the teenager is to blame, im sorry but if the sunbeds are in 3 min sessions doesnt that tell you they will be quite powerful if you only need such short a time??

Oh and her mum must have known she was using sunbeds! The article doesnt say it was her first time in there! How else did she start getting more tanned in the winter snow!?

surely her mother would have noticed her daughter getting more and more orange :?

well she wont be doing that again :D

which was basically how we all muddled through as teenagers.....fuck up and learn from it..

wonder when...barcardi will be in the papers when she has her first hangover?

Wish i did this as a kid, all the scrapes and self stupidity I survived, could have been made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back