28 week check & tour of maternity unit

kaz1983

Reaction score
Morning girls

Had our tour of the maternity unit where minion will be born yesterday and I have to say I know I only work along the corridor but theres so much more to the unit than I thought lol The three separate units of birthing suite, maternity suite and the neo-natal unit are all linked by a mass of rabbit warren corridors (for mother & baby safety if emergencies arise)

I was quite overwhelmed at the start of the tour actually looking round the whole unit and being told where everything is and what happens/cam happen etc in each department (apart from the obvious of course). Was really informative and feel even more relaxed about it all if not a little impatient that we just want minion here now

Also had 28 week check done whhich everything was fine with BP lowest its ever been, bump measuring between 28 and 28.5cm, heartbeat and everything spot on. Then she said "do you want to stay lying or sit up to have your bloods done" I nearly passed out at that point because I thought the blood the consultant had taken a couple weeks earlier was sufficient.....how wrong was I but it flowed no bother I think being pregnant has made my veins better haha xx

I am going for a 31 week checkup and I will ask my midwife about a tour. I don't see her at the birthing centre/hospital I see her at a children's school so not sure how I can arrange it. Hope they do it as it would be good to see what happens behind closed doors before hand.

I felt overwhelmed at the tour too, but its good to know where everything is and how things will be handled during the event.

What a shock to have surprise bloods done too! xx

I am going for a 31 week checkup and I will ask my midwife about a tour. I don't see her at the birthing centre/hospital I see her at a children's school so not sure how I can arrange it. Hope they do it as it would be good to see what happens behind closed doors before hand.

Yeh defo ask your MW as it is good to be prepared and it got hubby prepared for what was where etc x

I felt overwhelmed at the tour too, but its good to know where everything is and how things will be handled during the event.

What a shock to have surprise bloods done too! xx

Yeh she told us everything including if they need oxygen and suction for minion after the birth what machone would appear in the room and not to panic which if I hadnt seen it I probably would have

Whether its surprise or planned bloods I react the same then got an email from the consultant who keeps an eye on my liver to say hes sending me for a repeat scan of liver and spleen (presuming its just a check as had one two years ago but he sed the bloods were satisfactory from last month which is good) xx

Ive got my 28 week appointment with my midwife on Wednesday so will ask her then bout the tour, glad it went well for you xxx

I'm getting my tour of the deliver suite TONIGHT!! Woop woop!
4 weeks later than it was originally meant to happen though lol. Every time I've gone for it, its been too busy so we've had to reschedule, and then last week I was ill with a tummy bug so had to reschedule!! Nightmare lol.

But finally, the day has arrived, and I must admit, I'm a wee bit excited :) x

I had mine at 22 weeks I think? I live in a small community though so I see the midwife at the midwife led unit for my appointments anyway, and the unit only consists of 1 labour suite and 1 private room. Feel so much more relaxed about this birth then my first one. Had my DD in Glasgows Princess Royal Maternity, was quite daunting! x

I'm getting my tour of the deliver suite TONIGHT!! Woop woop!
4 weeks later than it was originally meant to happen though lol. Every time I've gone for it, its been too busy so we've had to reschedule, and then last week I was ill with a tummy bug so had to reschedule!! Nightmare lol.

But finally, the day has arrived, and I must admit, I'm a wee bit excited :) x

Hope you are over your tummy bug and feeling better

Its fascinating looking round thinking that in a few weeks im gonna be in there having minion - its calmed me down alot more than I already was too but lets see how long that lasts after labour actually starts lol

Enjoy your tour tonight xx

I had mine at 22 weeks I think? I live in a small community though so I see the midwife at the midwife led unit for my appointments anyway, and the unit only consists of 1 labour suite and 1 private room. Feel so much more relaxed about this birth then my first one. Had my DD in Glasgows Princess Royal Maternity, was quite daunting! x

Yeh I see the MW at the GP surgery so was glad when they offered this tour. It will be such a difference this time for you being more relaxed etc xx

I can't wait to go look round ours :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back