4 month growth spurt HELP!!!

sarah2807

Reaction score
People who have experienced the 4 month growth spurt please give me some advice and share your stories....I'm sure Violet must've just started going through this, she's a few days off 4 months.....she's gone from going to bed at 7pm and waking up for one feed at 3am to waking up 4 times a night :sleep: She is also harder work in the day...whinging all the time, I don't know what to do with her......Please tell me this is normal behaviour for a 4 month old....I feel like my baby has been replaced with a different one!!!! :(
Does it last for a long time??? I'm prepared for the worst as people say the 4 month one is the hardest!!! :D

thanks xxxxxxxxxxx

It does sound like the 4 month spurt hun :hug: :hug:
Calleighs lasted for well over a month :?
She went from sleeping throught the night to waking every couple of hours and was ever so fussy on the boob, i had such a tough time with it. But we got through to the other side :D

yup, sounds about right -hang in there hon, it'll pass... eventually...! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Im going through the exact same thing babe!!

Callum wants feeding every half an hour at the moment!
And hes being so fussy/winging on the breast and expressed milk

Hes still sleeping through the night but its driving me crazy in the daytime

Wheres my good little boy gone :(

Yep, been there. I had it for about a month, but the nights are only just improving!

:hug: Sam is exactly the same right now!
He's just started improving this week but the last 2-3 weeks he's been whingey all day and up every hour all night :wall:
Am hoping this good spell will stay but he's really grown and jumped from taking a maximum of 28oz of milk a day to 41oz yesterday :shock: so we do have something to show for the recent misery!

Thanks everyone...it's reassuring to hear it's not just my LO.
Hopefully it will pass soon.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to all of you going through the same thing.
:D

it sounds like we are going through this aswell.....was thinking of weaning but i'll try and hold off if it is a growth spurt!!

he needs so much more stimulation and interaction too, otherwise he is a complete grump, and he is bored with the toys on his baby gym....have had to swap them with new ones!! anyone else finding this?

we're going through this right now :(
ffion sleeps till about 1-2 and then is awake every hour!

no advice just huge hugs...

it wont last forever :hug:

Maybe this is what is up with Chicken, she's ok at night, but the last couple of days, she has slept quite a bit and has been a bit whiney when she's awake.

:hug: :hug: to all having a miserable time

hi all, i was just wondering how you were getting on with the growth spurt of doom!
Sam seemed to really improve but is back to being "challenging" again :wall:
sleep has gone haywire since he learned to turn onto his front and does it in his sleep, and we're back to having to do a night feed again even though it disappeared a looooong time ago....and OMG he is so whingey/clingey/needing CONSTANT entertainment during the day.
how to best sum things up? aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hope the other babies are improving :hug:

adam is still being a pain in the bum bum!! waking all through the night and i mean ALL through the night, every 30 mins or so, being so fussy when feeding and getting frustrated about every thing!! he is constantly chewing his hands and i can see a tooth below his gum so hopefully it will pop through soon :pray: :pray:

hope everyone else is getting on ok

i agree teej aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh :lol: :lol: :wall: :wall:

well......no improvement here girls....she's up every 2 hours in the night and is harder work in the day. my hv says i need to wean her next week as she's like this cos she's hungry, plus her weight gain has plateaued. notsure what to do. :think:

sarah2807 said:
well......no improvement here girls....she's up every 2 hours in the night and is harder work in the day. my hv says i need to wean her next week as she's like this cos she's hungry, plus her weight gain has plateaued. notsure what to do. :think:

there's no need to wean hun, as the others have said, this is what happens during growth spurt(esp 4 month one). Feeding every 2 hours is quite good - all she's doing is building up ur supply to meet her needs when she grows. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

as kelsey says - there really is no need to wean; there's no guarantees that food will make her sleep any better.

its all perfectly normal, just v tiring for you :hug: :hug: if her weight gain has plateaued, i bet you she's grown in length - connor rarely puts on much weight during his spurts, but seems to get longer before my eyes!

hang in there hon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back