41w+1d the average for First Time Mums?

Doob

Reaction score
I've been googling (I know very dangerous ;) ) but some places seem to say things like this...

"There have been many studies on this topic. Most conclude that the average pregnancy, if left alone, will last until 41 weeks 1 day or eight days past the due date."

http://doulamomma.wordpress.com/2009/06/13/pregnancy-really-isnt-40-weeks/

For those who have had babies is this a more accurate time frame?I know that with my mum she had me at 41w and my sister at 41w+1d

Just interested really, I know bubs will come when its ready but its interesting to see what others experiences were?

Last edited:
Two weeks early with my first. I,ve heard it can depend on whether you were early late. I was early and both my boys were early. My third was late.

I was spot on time with my first and 10 days late with my second :)

13 days over with my first, then again I've been late every time so far lol x

My Mum had 4 of us - 2 were a week late, one was 6 days late and the other was 2 days late.

My sis was 2 days late with both of hers, my SIL was 2 weeks early :lol:

OH's Birthday is 9 days after our EDD, now that could be a Birthday present hey??

xxxxxx

Last edited:
I was born 5 days late by c section however my LO was born a week earlyx

Labour started naturally for me at 41 + 1 and DD was born on the following day, so almost true for me...

I really hope to have mine on the due date - 15th December! My sister is getting married on the 7th (I was supposed to be bridesmaid, oops!) and then Xmas is 10 days after due date! So the 15th would be great for me!! Please little bub come when you're meant to!!

I would really like dd too although it's pretty unlikely. The 18/12 is my birthday and our first wedding anniversary too so would like to avoid that and for bubs' sake would like to avoid Xmas day!

8 days over my due date is my brother's birthday and then it's Halloween the next day. 14 over is my mum's birthday... I really want the baby to be born before October 30th lol
I must find out if my brother and sister were early or late as I was a planned c-section. Fingers crossed for early or prompt siblings :D

Last edited:
My 1st so guess we will wait and see!!!
My mum was 12 days late and induced with my sister, then 8 days late with me!!! Depresses me sooo much the thot of being late, I know I'm being silly, and that it's highly likely... But I just don't want to be late...xxx

Apparently I was born on my due date, that's me though...always on time.

My LO will arrive 10 days early, if not before! Xx

My first was 2 weeks early according to dates but he didn't have any signs he was early. My second was very premature due to complications and not natural start of labour. I wonder if I'll go over this time :)

My mum had 5.
Me and 1 of my brothers were 2 weeks early.
2 of my brothers were 2 weeks late. My other brother was 16wks early and didn't survive (RIP Jackie x)

So if my LO is like me, she'll be 2wks early, which means that she'll be here in 2wks - which suits me fine! X

My ds was a week early, which was a big surprise to everyone inc my mw. I too was early but my brother was late.

However I've known people range from 3weeks early to 2 weeks late with their first. Theres no exact science and baby will arrive when they're ready

My Mum had my brother 9 days after due date and also had me 9 days after due date.

xxx

My no 1 was at 42 weeks , no 2 was at 41 weeks , no 3 at 41+3 , no 4 at 39 +6 and no 5 at 40 weeks to the day. I was given a date for an induction for both 1 and 2 and they were born on the day I was given the dates (so great was the fear that I did not want to be induced lol)
I agree you are more likely to go over with your first I was only 18/19 years old and my cycles were all over the place so I think that plays a part also. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back