5 weeks and scared! Help!

Meme_jess

Reaction score
Hiya this is my first post :) I have just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant after a long time trying and myself and my partner are so happy!! I didn't think I could fall pregnant after a much regretted abortion 7 years ago. We have already told our families and they are all so happy and pleased for us which was a lil unexpected! But obviously lovely! Because of this reaction I have all of sudden got so worried about having a miscarriage as I don't want to let anyone Down!! What can I do to stop these thoughts and enjoy my pregnancy as at the moment all I can think is how slow these next two months are going to go before I can chill! Any advice?? Xx

I think everyone has those worries at the beginning - and to be fair there is always something to worry over throughout the pregnancy and even after your child is born!

So - not meaning to sound harsh, but, try not to worry and stress because what I quite believe what is meant to be will be.

But massive congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months :) xxxx

Congratulations :)

Unfortunately all of this worry comes with the territory, I dont think there is one of us here that hasn't had the same feelings as you. It is perfectly natural to worry.

Just try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy, easier said than done I know but worrying yourself silly is not going to help. Try to stay positive, i'm sure all will be fine :)

Massive congratulations Hun. I genuinely think it is one of those very natural concerns and it shows how much you care about toe LO already.

I hope that your worries subside after your 12 week scan as mine did slightly. Right throughout my pregnancy I have had different concerns and as I near the final hurdle of labour I am worrying about that!!

Xx

It is natural to worry the first 12 weeks of pregnancy hun, I think most of us are worried sick, but even if the worst did happen, you wouldn't be letting anyone down. All your families and friends want your baby to arrive safely and healthy, but sometimes nature is cruel, it would never be your fault

Congrats and welcome.
Yup we all worry and fret but try not to as stress is not good for you or the baby. Easier said than done I know.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, worrying is a natural thing and we all do it so dont be too hard on yourself. Try to stay calm and enjoy xxx

Congratulations!
Like everyone else has said, these feelings are normal... The early stages are very worrying, and nothing anyone can say or do can make that go away.
Take each day at a time, and set yourself milestones to achieve... Booking in appt, 12week scan etc... I'm 34weeks now and still worry, the worries just change every trimester... All part of being a mum, going to worry for our babies the rest of our lives...
Try and enjoy your pregnancy... Goes in so quickly!c

Thanks ladies :) I know what will be will be! You have helped me relax a little! I think it's best to take each day as it comes! And especially stop googling every lil thing! Haha xx

I constantly worry. I don't think there's anything u can say. Trouble is u bring pressure on yourself by telling people. I so regret telling my mum! Xx

congrats i still worry about things and midwife tells me that it never stops :shock: but i would say never google it just makes you worry more and it always seems to be worse case scenarios much better to come on here for advice :)

Congrats my dear, worry comes with it i'm afraid!
I have been a bunny in headlights for the past few weeks until hitting the 12 week mark - and even now i'm still anxious.

Best thing to do, is to eat well, eat safely, and listen to your body.
when you need to sleep, SLEEP.
When you need to pee, PEE.
When you need your OH to give you a foot massage, MAKE HIM GIVE YOU A FOOT MASSAGE!
wink.gif

*congrats again!*
x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member