6 bottles per day!?

Princess81

Reaction score
L/o currently only lasts 2.5hrs between feeds and therefore has 6x 7 oz bottles per day. Up until Monday it was only 5 but he's not satisfied with that now. I thought it was because he needed to start with weaning, but even with the puree food he still wants the additional bottle :shock: up until a month ago he was exclusively breastfed and was quite small, he's out on nearly 2lb in the month that he's been bottle fed :shock: o/h told me today that he thinks l/o is starting to look fat :shock: even tho he's only just reached 50th centile :eh: does it sound like he's eating excessively?

LOL it sounds like he's enjoying his grub. This may sound dumb but would he not bring it back up if it was too much? Could it be a growth spurt?? Might settle in a week or two xx

Im not sure if it's possible to over feed. He brings up a little when he's winded but that's it really. He used to bring up a lot more when he was breastfed. It worries me with him being on wysoy, HV keeps telling me it's full of sugar but I'm waiting til he sees the dietician next week before putting him on something different. I am hoping that it's just a growth spurt like you say, I'd hate to think I'm making him fat!

Chloe has 7 6oz bottles a day, both ebm and formula and goes about 2.5 hours between feeds. HV told me 6-8 bottles was average. Don't forget they go through a mahoosive growth spurt around 4 months too

I don't think it sounds exessive at all :)

Even if he does get chubby its ok when theyre on formula, as once he's fully weaned if hes fed healthily he will lose it. So as long as hes not off the chart I would think his weight's ok.

I have no clue what I'm talking about but could he be put on soya milk to substitute some of the formula at some stage? xx

Chloe has 7 6oz bottles a day, both ebm and formula and goes about 2.5 hours between feeds. HV told me 6-8 bottles was average. Don't forget they go through a mahoosive growth spurt around 4 months too

I don't think it sounds exessive at all :)

That's an extra bottle on top of your wee man again :) sounds normal enough !

And dont let daddy say hes chubby, i hope you poked his own gut lol xx

That's good to know he's not the only one guzzling. It's just come ask a shock cos he's always been every 4 hours.
Jules he's already on the soya (wysoy) cos we've had real probs with his tummy and don't know ye if it's something to do with dairy or lactose. Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I demand feed N and he's on 5-6 7oz bottles a day sometimes more, he only goes 2.5 hrs between them and he's eating 3 meals a day!! As I breast fed until 6 mths I have no idea if it's a normal amount but it's good to know other babies are the same!! He weighs 19.5 lbs which puts him on the 75th percentile, he was born on the 9th!!! He's twice the length of other babies his age but he's not fat just very solid and heavy!!!! Anyway just wanted to let you know C isn't the only one so I can only assume it's normal!!!

ladies sorry to butt in here but when you say 6 bottles a day, are you saying 6 bottles during the day time, or over 24 hours...... ? cause my lo has like 12 over a 24 hour period coz he eats every 2 hours! and this seems a crazy amount to me as everyone says they only have 6 bottles a day! xxx

My LO was taking an 8oz bottle every 2 hours (sleeping thro the night though) but it turned out he had silent reflux & was comfort drinking to soothe the pain, doc said it was making his reflux worse, so he told me to go down to 4oz every 2hrs, Doc said LO's should get around 20-25oz per day (my LO is 6m/o)

xxxxxx

ladies sorry to butt in here but when you say 6 bottles a day, are you saying 6 bottles during the day time, or over 24 hours...... ? cause my lo has like 12 over a 24 hour period coz he eats every 2 hours! and this seems a crazy amount to me as everyone says they only have 6 bottles a day! xxx

It's just during the day Hun, he sleeps 11 hours thru the night :cheer:

Thanks for all your answers girls - helps to know he's not the only one :)

Lm that's scary about the reflux :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back