a bit upset

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
cant get NHS dentistry so have to go private ive had problems with a tooth that has a crown on it long story short need to go in a see whats going on

scare of cost cant afford it :(

going up home for the week hit our pokets hard petrol wise :( should have gone up on the train :roll: but wasnt ready with a newborn and he still needed to take up his moses basket couldnt do that on the train

suposed to be having a cheap hol in Cornwall next week (not so cheap with the petrol costs :( ) my idea again not such a good one now :cry:

and my cousins weddings stright after (didnt relise at the time they happend so close together yes im stupid :x ) so want to go back up home for that agian more cost i think i may have to cancel going as james is worried about the cost

we have been trying so hard to buy a house but even with the crash prices are just that bit too high for us to reach :(

im just fed up :(

sorry needed to rant a bit :oops:
im ranting at myself to be honest for thinking about my family meeting collier and being with my family rather then the cost in petrol (thought i did pay half the petrol costs)

why can't you get on NHS.. it's free within 1st yr of baby being born :think: :hug:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
why can't you get on NHS.. it's free within 1st yr of baby being born :think: :hug:

Yeah i know ive got a lovely card telling me im exempt fat lot of use that is
but EVERY dentist in the Tonbridge and malling area is full and had been the whole 5 years ive been down here i gave up ages ago and went private

ie tried again a few times but again "i get the sorry we have no spaces well put you on the list but to be honest we will not lie theres not much chance of you getting registred this YEAR" and words to that effect :x :x :x

ah hun

no word really to help but sending tons of hugs your way and give you big hug on sat as well, here if you want to rant any futher xx :hug: :hug:

Can you get treatment while your visiting up north at some point? I literally just phoned one dentist in town, wasn't registered with them or anything, booked an appointment and told lady on phone it was on maternity and there ya go, they offered to do treatment same day I went in but cos i'm a wuss I had to wait 3 months to get in anxiety clinic :roll: but maybe worth a try hun :hug:

awwwwww chicken.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

of course you want to show collier off, hes beautiful, dnt feel bad about that

I know b4 I moved in with lee my registered dentist was 40 mile away at home, i had an abcess (sp) and was staying with Lee... called the local dentist here and they seen me that day!!! so if you are going away on holiday or something then see if you can do it that way... mine was classed as an emergency and they seen me straight away... im now registered there since I moved down here!!!

Awww hun xxxxxx

Drive thru northants on your way home and book into my dentists, there taking on NHS patients. xxx

And as for your finances, tell me about it! Its really tough at the minute with petrol and food costs. We've got a wedding in wales on saturday and I dread to think how much petrol thats gonna cost us. I understand how you feel :hug: :hug:

Im pretty sure they have to put you in somewhere if your on maternity because you are entitled to the treatment - also they have to register collier as well. My dentist is not taking on new patients but they took on oran as long as he was registered befor his first birthday.

Im not sure where you find the legalities though :think:

i go to the dentist near my dad's and use his address as my home one... could you do something similar? :think: :think: he petrol to get there would be cheaper than private treatment...

:hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry your feeling a bit low :(

i know what you mean about the dentist though, i cant get one either :'(

and as for the price of petrol :x

:hug:

sorry about that.
it's easy to get discouraged by waiting lists then in the end you have no choice but to go private. when really you ARE entitled to free NHS treatment. It's really annoying!!! :x
But hey, that's life. I hope you do get good treatment though :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hun, say you're in pain. Phone NHS direct and they'll give you a dentist to go to the same day. I had a lot of trouble getting a dentist but when I was in pain I was seen that day. I then got all our names put on a list and we had a dentist within a month.

I remember you saying a while ago about your dentist (Or lack there is)

Its absolutely rediculous!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

some good news just rang up the main dentistry headquaters and played war with them (the names they gave me last time turned me down :x )
they have given me the name of a dentist opening at the end of the month in my town taking NHS :cheer:
:pray: hope i can get in with them i have a feeling there will be a huge clammer of others wanting the same

Strangeness your right
when i went to the emergency dentist a few months ago (they cant do the big jobs just clean ups ) the dentist was horrified that all the practices kept turning me away as they have a duty of care. that i should ring back and demand to be seen as im exempt i should they cant not turn me away.

but they did when i rang :x

i have to get nhs for Collier as private practices in my area have stopped taking under 18 year old on thier books :x s

i think id have to go into Tun Wells in person and make a right fuss to get in i may do this as waiting till the end of the month for the other one to open is leaving me in pain and longer for potential infection

And Jodie yes :x :x :x :x :x to petrol costs :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back