Abnormal gestational sac

mummywanabe

Reaction score
Hi girls I was having pains on friday night which have sort of continued they come and go I decided to go to the hospital I had an early scan done at 7+2 the baby measured exactly at 7+2 so growing right on target and heard its little heartbeat which was amazing, the doctor then left the room, when he came back he said he went to see the registrar as the gestational sac around the baby was an odd shape more like a boomerang or kidney shape than an oval he said normally this would increase the risk of miscarriage but as baby was growing well and there was a heartbeat this is good news .....but of course it's scared the life out of me and now I'm so worried my little one is going to leave me but trying to stay positive, heartbeat was the most beautiful sound I think I've ever heard in my life I am already in love with it x

I was told this at both my scans wen I had mmc that the sac was wrong shape it was more kidney shaped but as all is well with baby try not to worry xx

I had this with my little boy (he is 9 now) they said the sac was not a good shape and scared the bejesus out of me, after he was born they pointed out that his placenta was also odd (bi lobed with a kind of cord linking the two pieces) and thought maybe the pregnancy had initially been twins but although one embryo had never developed beyond a few days the placenta etc had carried on growing... All very odd but my point is to reassure you, I was told my gestational sac was kidney shaped at 7 weeks and my little kidney bean grew into my very beautiful 9 year old ;-) I think I even have a scan photo somewhere, I'll see if I can find and post it!

Thanks for the reassurance I was so excited to hear the heartbeat then the doctor has to throw in a big BUT so have worried ever since and petrified every time I go to the bathroom that I'm going to be bleeding and it'll all be over. Fingers crossed every day I get closer to 12 weeks is a blessing 4 weeks 3 days left, if I can upload a picture I wil

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back