AF cramps v pregnancy cramps

HopesDreams

Reaction score
Hey folks. :) A wee bit of advice would be appreciated. I posted this question under a different topic & I think it got overlooked so I'm giving it its own thread. I'm clutching at straws basically. My AF is due around the 3rd July, give or take 1 day. Since Sunday I have been getting AF cramps yet they're not as intense as my regular AF cramps. Plus Sunday is very early for me to be getting AF cramps. Is there any possibility that early pregnancy cramps could be similar? I'm 10 DPO today so I haven't tested yet, I'll wait until at least after 3rd July if AF hasn't shown up. Advice? Even if it is to give me a much needed reality check.

Last edited:
I was wondering this today, I'm only around 3-5 dpo with af due around July 7th but today I've been getting mild af type cramps. I know I'm way too early to test and I wonder if I'm just desperate for some kind of new symptom in the hope it's a bfp on its way. Be interesting to hear if other people ever get this and if they have bfn or bfp! Good luck; I hope you get your bfp this month :) x

Hi hopesdreams,
I tend to get very slight af cramps from about a week before af arrives. They are nothing like the ones I get a day or two before just light twinges... But that's just me fx it's pregnancy cramps for you :) I'm just about into my 2ww so I'll be symptom spotting soon and googling all the same stuff I did last month!! x

Hiya, I am glad you posted this because I too experienced cramps between 7DPO - 11DPO and now its disappeared.. I think I'm either 14 or 15 DPO now (did a pregnancy test tuesday was negative but may have only been 12DPO then and was using cheapy internet tests) im testing again tomorrow morning so fingers crossed.. really hope for both of us that they are implantation cramps and not linked to AF xx

I normally get really intense cramps a few days before AF. I wish they were only light twinges! ;) I'm probably reading way too much into it all & irritating AF will visit soon enough. I never thought I would be the kind of person to notice every wee thing while TTC....

Me either, I always thought I'd be chilled out about it all but no when the time comes I'm like a women possessed! I try and hide my madness from the OH and usually just tell him when I feel the first cramp that the month just wasn't our month then keep googling and hoping!

AF cramps and early pregnancy cramps are very similar so its impossible to tell without testing unfortunately.

Hope you get your bfp xx

AF cramps and early pregnancy cramps are very similar so its impossible to tell without testing unfortunately.

Hope you get your bfp xx

Although the cramps themselves are very similar are the timings not different? I never usually get cramps 7-11DPO - but I always get cramps the day AF usually comes which is 14DPO xx

I'm just clinging to every wee thing. I can't help daydreaming that something might be happening inside me...then I try to sober myself up from those thoughts.

I didn't get any cramps until after my BFP at about 12/13dpo.

But yours could be earlier! :)

They are a little different to AF cramps in they're a bit stronger and I can feel them down in my cervix. Also they never last longer than a minute.

Good luck!!!

I usually never get AF cramps until the day AF id due (literally a few hours before). I had really bad cramps at 10 and 11 dpos, and got my BFP on 12 dpo, I didnt get any early symptoms with ds. Hope its a good sign for you x

I had some cramps at 8dpo and then 12,13 and 14dpo when AF was due and late. I have to say they did feel identical to AF cramps, I was 100% sure AF was going to show up. And then they stopped. I still get some occasionally but they're lighter now. Good luck! Xx

i had af type cramps altho not as strong from dpo 3 wen i got my bfp xx

When I got my bfp I had avoided testing for a couple of days because I was SURE my period was coming due to cramps... They were really really similar and have had period type pains all throughout pregnancy I'm afraid.
Good Luck when you do test :) xx

Hey, I have a similar question to this. I'm not due until 1st/2nd July but I'm getting a lot of awful af style cramps and I've just noticed spotting. It's really light. Does this mean my period has come early? If so, it would have been a 26 day cycle! I'm usually 30-32 days. Or is it what I hope ie implantation bleeding?
I'm so worked up about it being AF :(
What do you ladies think?
And if it IS IB, how soon can I test? How long does it take for HCG to get into your wee?

Not to squash any hopes of bfp but I had alot of pg symptoms just recently including af cramps at least a week before she was due and it wasn't normal for me either (I usually get the after af starts) and I was convinced this was my month for bfp as I had many other signs but the witch got me today (heavier than normal also), but fx yours are pg not af x

I hit a slump at the middle of this week & I'm now sort of fully expecting AF to arrive at the beginning of next week. I hope she doesn't but we all know how she likes to put in an appearance when she's least welcome! Trying not to be too disheartened as this was only attempt #1 but I think I'll be gutted if/when AF arrives. We all hope that TTC will be a cinch for us. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back