Am I pregnant?

lucie1980

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this seems like a silly question but i'm kind of driving myself a bit crrazy with it. I stopped taking my pill about 2/3 months ago. I had what was suspected to be a very early miscarriage a couple of months ago. Last month I had a very short period (was only around 2 days). Due to the miscarriage I assumed my periods where a little mixed up. This month I realised I was almost 2 weeks late so took a HPT which for the first time ever was very positive. I was really unsure so did another 2 (different) brands and they both had very clear positive signs as well. I am suffering from tender nipples, a little sickness )although havent been sick). Most of all I have had back pain every day (lower) and abdominal pain, although bearable. I havent been able to see my dr (their doing not mine) to confirm if I am definately pregnant or not. I work in an extremely violent environment so have had to tell my work that I'm expecting but I feel really worried that I've jumped the gun and am actiually not!

Am I just being silly and does it sound like normal prgnancy signs to u guys?

Thanks in advance from a very worried (if probably a little erratic) person!

Hiya and welcome to the forum :) I'm really new to all the pregnancy lark but what you have described sounds like normal pregnancy symptoms. My nipples are really tender at the moment - I won't let my OH near them :lol: I think that you've done the right thing by telling work, not worth taking any risks! I think that false positive pregnancy tests are pretty rare, you are more likely to get a false negative. I would advise making a doctors appointment ASAP as you aren't sure how far along you are. Can I ask what made you think you miscarried a couple of months ago?
Good luck! x

Thanks for replying! I think I am just stressing myself out because ideally I wouldnt have told work about it until i'd been to the dr but given the circumstances I didnt have a choice! I get the wierdest sensations so i feel like I'm pregnant but just having that all importnant say so from the dr means everything, haha.

I had very heavy bleeding with a little clotting. I knew it wasnt a normal period, didnt look or feel right. I called NHS 24 and they confirmed it sounded like a m/c but said I didnt have to go to dr or anything which I just went along with.

Thanks and good luck!xx

it does sound to me like your pregnant and with 3 positive tests !!!! my gp didnt test me just said ok and booked a scan sounds like you will need a dating scan hun and congrats and good luck x

A lot of doctors don't even test to confirm as home pregnancy tests are so accurate - with three positive tests, pregnancy symptoms and no period I'd say you definitely are! Congratulations! :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back