Anterior placenta anyone?

mags

Reaction score
Just had the big scan today (our third girl! :lol: ) and discovered I have an anterior placenta. I had wondered why it took so long to feel this baby move. Anyway, just wondering if any of you ladies have this? I have been feeling some braxton hicks contractions for the past few weeks...that odd tightening...and was wondering if that's normal? (In all my excitement at the scan today, I forgot to ask the midwife.) I heard labour can be more difficult too as the babies tend to face the placenta and it could mean back to back labour. :( I'm worried.

I had an anterioir placenta with my 3rd girl as well. I had a feeling it might be cos, like you, I felt less movement early on than I had in previous pregnancies. It sometimes made it hard for the midwife to find the heartbeat straight away but that was the only difference really.

My labour was at home in a birthing pool: quick and fairly easy - the only problem I had was with the baby's size rather than the placenta. Was 2 1/2 hrs in total. She was back to back towards the end of the pregnancy, but so was my 2nd daughter and they both turned without too much bother during labour.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease. Congrats on your daughter :) , I love having 3 girls and am in shock that I'm now expecting a boy!

Can't help much regarding the tightenings. Might be early BH I guess - you will be much more aware of things like that 3rd time around maybe? More to compare it to?

Thank you, Mummyjess! That's helped put my mind at ease a bit. I guess there's no point worrying now. I was so worried my second DD would be breech, but she did turn over at the last minute!

I will ask the MW about those tightenings next time I see her. Things just feel so different this time around, I'm more achey (back) and feel heavier in the abdomen. I can only guess it's the location of the placenta as the baby appears healthy.

Congrats on your long awaited boy! :D We were hoping for blue, but we're thrilled with this little lady just the same. Maybe in a few years....
:)

I had an anterior placenta with my first son and labour was't back to back. Although he was born at 34weeks so not sure if he wouldve been back to back if I'd have gone full term.
I recently discovered that I have an anterior with this little boy too. I get very strong movements though and have been having strong ones for a few weeks now. Oh and I do get alot of braxton hicks.. been getting them since about 16 weks and now I can get up to about 10 a day. My midwife and consultant doesnt seem worried though. :D

isn't the placenta supposed to be at the front anyway? It is on all the pics I have seen.

what is an anterior placenta then? I know it's at the front of the baby - but as opposed to being where exactly?

I think I have this too.

XXX

Most placenta's are prosterior meaning they're on the back wall of the uterus. Some however implant on the front. x

i have an anterior placenta too... I cant really compare as this is my first.... and even though i do feel babys movements every day (kicks etc) they are not as strong as I thought they would be!

do they get stronger I take it?

hi I have had anterior placentas with all three of my pregnancies I didn't even know it made a difference! My labour were both normal so far ( see what this ones like come February!).
I felt movements around 20 weeks all three pregnancies, which see
A a little later than other people.

Sophie

I have an anterior placenta this time, i didn't feel movements until later (17 weeks with DS and 18 weeks this time) and I've found I feel more wriggles than individual kicks like I did with my son. OH's found it harder to feel movements too.

Obviously I don't know whether it'll effect the labour, I'm already leaning on my birth ball and trying not to slouch on the sofa to encourage baby into a good position.

Just want to say congratulations on having another little girl :dance: :cheer:

I am not too sure about anterior placenta but now it's been explained I'm thinking I might have this as I felt movements from 15 weeks this time but they are still very faint :think: I suppose I'll find out later today :D

I have an Anterior placenta, i can feel lots of kicks and movements now but nothing from the outside, so OH hasn't felt anything yet :(

I had an Anterior placenta with my first son, I think his movements probably weren't as strong, my labour was ok only lasted 4 and a half hours so it didn't cause any problems except lost a lot of blood :? i don't know if that was anything to do with it cause i have never had that with my last 2 boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back