anyone alse crazy enough to be dreaming of twins?

Elle'sMumy

Reaction score
I had an afternood nap taday and was dreaming that we had out first U/s.
There was two babies in there :shock: how amazing would that be! :D i think it was because OH was mentioning that it already looks like i have swallowed a football and that my jeans were too small so i dragged out my maternity pants and long strechy vests at such an early stage. its been a scorcher here today and so iv been wearing very little so its very noticable already. being pregnant makes me so happy :D OHs grandma is a twin it runs in his family but i dont think the fathers side makes a difference does it? :think:

I think (from what my friend who has twins told me) that twins come from the mothers side. BUT, only if they are non-identical. This is because non-identical twins happen when two eggs are released and both fertilised, so mum has got to be gentically predisposed to releasing 2 eggs. However, identical twins happen when the egg splits, which is just a 'freak of nature' as my friend so lovingly put it!! :lol: I think that's it anyway - but correct me if I'm wrong! No dreams about twins for me. Having had a close friend with them, the thought scares me to death. VERY hard work!! :)

funny you should say that i suspect i could be having twins lol i am only 4 wks and my jeans are tight on me already then again this is my 3rd child so mabe that's why lol twins run in my partners side too but i think it does count a bit but it's more of a chance if it runs in the womans side lol good luck do you have a date for your scan yet?

I love the idea of twins but it would be such hard work in reality I'd prefer to just be having 1. Having said that if it was to happen I know I'd cope... I'd just rather have 1 at a time! (I have no history of twins anywhere in mine or OH's families so very very unlikely anyway!).

Ha! I had the same dream! Well obviously not the same but I had twin boys, twins kinda run in my family, and the tribe my mums from in Africa they actually did a twin study there :?

millie15 said:
I think (from what my friend who has twins told me) that twins come from the mothers side. BUT, only if they are non-identical. This is because non-identical twins happen when two eggs are released and both fertilised, so mum has got to be gentically predisposed to releasing 2 eggs. However, identical twins happen when the egg splits, which is just a 'freak of nature' as my friend so lovingly put it!! :lol: I think that's it anyway - but correct me if I'm wrong! No dreams about twins for me. Having had a close friend with them, the thought scares me to death. VERY hard work!! :)

Your exactly right!! Thats the biology of it lol!
My OH has identical twins! Noooooo thanks lol I will stick to one hahaha

wow. soo exiting. no i havnt got my dete sat yet, i will book monday when i get my resutls from the blood lab :D im not worried though as i spent my night/morning with my head down the toilet :rotfl: tasty! :puke:
wow so Lea, im guessing on twins for you.. you have three bubbies, the twin factor increases after 2 or more :rotfl: :rotfl:

id love twins it would be hard work but i think the experience would be amazing.
No History of twins so highly unlikely.
Im still thinking double

Elle'sMumy said:
wow so Lea, im guessing on twins for you.. you have three bubbies, the twin factor increases after 2 or more :rotfl: :rotfl:

OMG dont say that!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: haha that means I would have 5 kids? Then I would have to have another one to get even numbers lmao!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back