Anyone been offered a flu jab

Spuggy

Reaction score
Just wondering as I saw the midwife today and she said that it is reccommeded that pregnant women get the flu jab especially near the end of their pregnancy. I have 2 1/2 weeks till I am due and was wondering whether I should have it or not?

Does anyone know anymore about the jab or anyone having it?

I've just had it 2 hours ago. The nurse said it was a mixture of swine flu and some others. I was in two minds about having it but decided to go for it in the end as the mw recommended that I have it.

i have the normal flu jab every year even though i'm 24 as i am asthmatic!! I have not had any problems with it except about 5 years ago i felt really crap after having it but no other problems. I will probably have to have it again this winter but i don't usually get it until november time!!

Nope, saw midwife Monday and she didnt mention it to me :s xx

I was offered it in my first tri and told her I had already had it :whistle: lol!! I had just got over swine flu and had tami flu so there was no way I was having it haha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the jab yesterday afternoon and apart from a sore arm today, feel fine!

I have been offered it too. Normal have the flu jab as i have asthma, but i am a little unsure this year with the swine flu combined in the jab. I really don't know what to do. If it was just the flu jab i wouldn't think about it twice, but not sure about this whole swine flu part and due to people not wanting this last year they combine it, which i think is wrong.

Yer they wanted to me have a combined one but my bil had it and people at his work oh my lord they were alrite for about a week then they were allllll off sick like walking zombies I wasn't having that being in my first tri exhaustion and looking after two toddlers lol!!!

Only thing I can say is that I had 'swine flu' (or some sort of flu) last year and got the tamiflu...made me soooo much more ill than just the flu!! I reckon I would've got over the flu in a week but with the tamiflu I felt sick and achey for 4 weeks, was like being in tri1! Except at least I got the time off work :p

Only thing I can say is that I had 'swine flu' (or some sort of flu) last year and got the tamiflu...made me soooo much more ill than just the flu!! I reckon I would've got over the flu in a week but with the tamiflu I felt sick and achey for 4 weeks, was like being in tri1! Except at least I got the time off work :p

Yer tammi flu is what made me ill and it's a depressant too! I was like omg!! Stopped taking it half way though and surprise surprise was well two days later!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back