Anyone Else Feel like this?

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I feel a bit in a lull at the minute... it just seems like i am waiting for everything.... waiting for next scan, waiting to feel baby phump, waiting to get a bump (instead of just my fat standing a bit more proudly out for all to see) :roll: Waiting waiting waiting....

1st Tri seemed full of things booking appointments, 12 week scan, hearing first heart beats on doppler, making it to the 12 week milestone and since then i feel like all i've had it another midwife appointment and blood tests and time seems to be going so slow and i am just too damn impatient :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

The only thing keeping me going is my doppler which i limit to once every other day, i just love hearing the little heartbeat and being reminded that despite the fact nothing seems to be happening my baby is still there and things are happening that i just don't know about because they are inside of me :D

I really don't want to wish my preganacy away by constantly seeking the next step because i know it will all be over in know time and i'll miss the whole experience but i just seem to be longing for the next milestone even if its just a movement on my ticker :roll:

It it just me or does anyone else fell a bit like this around the 17 week stage

LMP x :roll:

I know how you feel! I'm not as far along as you yet but now that we've told everyone and had 12 week scan it just seems as though there's such a long haul ahead.....I keep looking at my ticker and seeing 180-odd days which seems like forever!

But I am told it goes quickly and we have 20 week scan to look forward to! xx

I am exactly the same. I am constantly looking at my calender on my phone and counting down the day's to next midwife appt (which is thursday) and 20 week scan (which is 5 weeks today, 5 WEEKS!!!). Seem's like a lifetime away. I'm also waiting for bump and movement. Everything just seem's so far away, I feel like I will be pregnant forever.

Will it help if I tell you that in just 5 weeks time you will be 2 spaces along on your ticker? :hug: :hug: :hug:

I promise it gets more exciting and the bump sorts itself out over the next 3 weeks :hug:

Phew its not just me then .............. :angel:

I feel like a walking human countdown clock :rotfl:

6 days till I move to the middle baby on ticker
2 weeks 6 days till 20 weeks scan
3 weeks till next midwife appointment

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This pregnancy has taken over my brain :doh: :doh: I think my OH is going to kill me soon i'm constantly giving him countdown and development updates its all i seem to talk about :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

LMP x

Becs said:
Will it help if I tell you that in just 5 weeks time you will be 2 spaces along on your ticker? :hug: :hug: :hug:

I promise it gets more exciting and the bump sorts itself out over the next 3 weeks :hug:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yes that helps lots thanks Becs hope you know i''m now grinning from ear to ear with excitment!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey LMP,

I have just noticed we are bump buddies and due on the same day :dance:

I am the same as you in every way, i look at my counter every day and get so excited every tuesday when it moves. I am constantly counting the days till my next midwife appoinment:-

Midwife 1 week 1 day
20 Week scan 2 weeks 3 days lol

The thing I find the hardest is waiting for kicks and bubbles, there are so many ppl on here who are due after us that have felt these already but i havent felt a thing. I am constantly sat trying to feel them that sometimes I even imagine them lol :oops:

I am like you with the doppler to and I try and use it every other day but sometimes sneak extra goes but my hubby thinks I am obsessive :lol:

Just wish I had my bump and kicks and then I would be happy or would I ha ha, dont think I will be happy till my baby is in my arms :D

Oh bless! By the way, I strongly remember feeling exactly the same way as you and still think hubby must be bored to death by my constant baby talk. Feels like I was 17 weeks just yesterday, this next bit flies. I promise, it gets exciting from here on in xxx

Know exactly how you feel, I've got my 20 week scan tomorrow (yippee :cheer: ) but its been a long time coming.
Since 12 week scan all I had on NHS was a 16 week midwife appointment which was awful, she basically said if I wasn't having triple test for Down's etc I shouldn't have bothered turning up, gave me my notes and sent me on my way :x

I had been looking forward to hearing heartbeat etc and was so peed off after this I wasted money on going for a private scan to check all was ok.

Hope I don't end up with same MW for birth I think I would cry

Looking forward to feeling movements and having a bump :D

First Baby White said:
Hey LMP,

I have just noticed we are bump buddies and due on the same day :dance:

I am the same as you in every way, i look at my counter every day and get so excited every tuesday when it moves. I am constantly counting the days till my next midwife appoinment:-

Midwife 1 week 1 day
20 Week scan 2 weeks 3 days lol

The thing I find the hardest is waiting for kicks and bubbles, there are so many ppl on here who are due after us that have felt these already but i havent felt a thing. I am constantly sat trying to feel them that sometimes I even imagine them lol :oops:

I am like you with the doppler to and I try and use it every other day but sometimes sneak extra goes but my hubby thinks I am obsessive :lol:

Just wish I had my bump and kicks and then I would be happy or would I ha ha, dont think I will be happy till my baby is in my arms :D

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

YAY a bump buddy :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Or should i say a 'waiting for a bump buddy' :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i wondered if i had one out there somewhere.

Just think we'll be huge and waiting for the BIG DAY at the same time oh how exciting :cheer:

Seems like ages away now though doesn't it!

LMP x

It does doesnt it, even our ticker says how I feel, it seems so long since it all began and so far from the end!!!!

Not long till the scan though I suppose I just want everything right away :lol:

Are you going to find out the sex of your little one???

I'm actually enjoying this bit. I've got over the hurdle of the first tri - every day I worried about whether I was going to lose my little bean. Then there was the nausea, the tiredness, the mood swings and the general feeling like rubbish.

As an old lady who's done this before, I remember at the end of my pregnancy not being able to wear my rings, not being able to get up from bed easily, not being able to put on my own shoes and in the end not being able to put on my own knickers. I'm short and was huge when I carried my last child. Hippo-dom can wait! I'm happy leading a normal life for now (besides, I know how quickly it goes!).

Go on long, rambling walks, spend sunny Saturday afternoons gardening, go shopping with your mum, dress up and have rampant sex! Do all those things now that you won't be able to do in a few weeks.

Have fun x

I would quite like a week where there are no appointments!
Thursday - Cardiologist
Tuesday 12th - MW
Wednesday 13th - GP
20th - cardiologist
21st physio

The list just keeps getting longer! At this rate people will think i have left work before i have!

Things will soon get busy and you will soon have a bump to show off.

Hope bump comes soon x x x

you'll be counting down and wishing the time away all the way to the birth- dont worry about it!!

I'm the same hun, felt bad for wishing the time away too, I just can't wait to meet my baby!

I have the 20week scan day after tomorrow but time seems to have slowed down like the ending of Chariots of Fire lol!!!! :D

I feel like i'm waiting and i still don't feel like i should be here, as i haven't even had my 12 weeks can YET. So to me it just feels like i'm tempting fate, even though i have heard peanut moving around with the doppler.
I guess time will move quickly after i have had this scan as before i know it it will be time for the 20week one ( if i get that one on time)
Just feels like all im doing is waiting to get the OK.

First Baby White said:
It does doesnt it, even our ticker says how I feel, it seems so long since it all began and so far from the end!!!!

Not long till the scan though I suppose I just want everything right away :lol:

Are you going to find out the sex of your little one???

No we are going to stay team green.

I'm dying to know but i am going to try and keep my impatience at bay and i'm sure it will all me worth it when they announce it on the day!

:D

What about you?

LMP x

hey, i know exactly how you feel, i seem to live by counting down things!
I finalyl got to 24 weeks and now i'm counting down to my 'double figures' then the next day my 4d scan, then 3rd trimester... then what. Lol. I feel like i need something weekly. Lol.

Little miss pink said:

I'm dying to know but i am going to try and keep my impatience at bay and i'm sure it will all me worth it when they announce it on the day!

What about you?

LMP x

So are we but i change my mind every day, we are planning on having a 4d scan so we might have to find out then!!! What dates your scan?

First Baby White said:
[quote="Little miss pink":vndwgbf8]

What about you?

LMP x

So are we but i change my mind every day, we are planning on having a 4d scan so we might have to find out then!!! What dates your scan?[/quote:vndwgbf8]

Wow a 4d scan i bet your really excited about that! Our 20 week scan is on Tuesday the 25th of feb. So it really will be a 20w scan :)

I'm really excited but nervous at the same time. Just praying everything is ok! When is yours?

LMP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back