anyone grow their own....?

sparky

Reaction score
veg obviously :D

We've cultivated a wee plot in the garden and wonder what we can plant out now?

Nope, I cant keep a weed alive never mind a carrott.

I must be the least earth motherly on here... :doh:

We planted a load of stuff earlier this year. Everything is dead apart from the tomato plants that have turned into Triffids and are slowly taking over. The rest of the stuff probably owuld have been ok but it bored me and I didn;t bother looking after it all.

I did last year, the green beans were the best. This year the weather was so rubbish I didn't bother cos it was more so the kids could see it and we hardly went out there :(

I'm no good at knowing whats best when though, sorry.

Not yet but hoping to begin a little herb garden soon. I have black fiongers though so I will probably end up killing it! :roll:

I do! We planted carrots, lettuces, parsnips, strawberries, courgettes, basil, rocket and chives.
It was our first year and went really well. Eaten all our parsnips and the rocket got ruined by caterpillars, but everything else is good! Not sure on the planting front because we did most of ours in Spring. Maybe potatoes :think: Sherlock might know as she grows lots of veggies :D

We grow our own veg, always have done. This year we've grown beetroot, carrots,lettuce,peas, artichokes,marrows, cucumbers, lots and lots of pumpkins, tomatos,onions,garlic.....it's great:)

Not yet, but I'd love to be able to. We have our name on the waiting list for an allotment, but since there is only one allotment in Midlothian and we're 27th on the list I think we'll be waiting a very long time!
So we're looking for a house to rent which has a private garden; mainly so we can grow veg, but also because I want chickens :)

this year we grew tomatoes which have just turned red, strawberries (not too succesful), pumpkins (still in progress) and lettuce which was yummy. The lettuce alone saved us a fortune.

We don't but OH's grandad does and he often sends stuff round for us :D

I always think it tastes better than supermarket stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back