anyone had a normal vag delivery with a breechie?

halemon

Reaction score
anyone had a normal breech delivery - not a c section? Just wondered really i know the reasons they do c sections but i just wondered if anyone had ever had a normal vaginal birth with a breecher!?

hiya halemon :wave:

I havnt had this myself, but my sister in law did. They didnt realise her lo was breech until she was in established labour.

She managed to deliver him breech. I think there are a few different kinds of breech positions...he was bottom first, with his legs crossed up towards his chin.

Oh, i might add that he weighed a wopping 9lb 11 & 1/2 oz :shock:

blimey! She did well then, no body else out there? i can't believe it!!! :D

i know they said at our hospital it was policy not to allow a vaginal breech delivery, it was policy just to do a section, but i guess some hospitals may be different

no but just wanna say that my baby was breech right up until 36 weeks. so there is still hope! if yr baby is still breech to the end and u rele dont want a section, ask yr MW if they give u the option. x

Nah, I went into labour - waters broke in bed etc. Got to hospital and was choped open, no if's or but's just its not safe for you or baby so sign this and were off for a section!

I remember being told that there were only two hospitals in the country now that deliver breech babies naturally, one of them being Shrewsbury. I think the main reason why sections are given instead of a natural delivery is down to consultants not actually being trained in how to deliver a breech baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back