Anyone NOT have the baby in their room?

X5OT

Reaction score
I am still undecided re whehter we have the baby in our room, or whether the baby goes straight into its own room. I guess this stems from the fact that my parents never had me or my 2 brothers in their room - we were in our own rooms from the first night home. We will be using a moses basket, and I would plan to put the baby in the moses basket and then put the basket into the cot. We are planning to purchase a monitor which has breathing and motion sensor. It is also 2-way, so the baby will be able to hear us breathing (and snoring!!). My main reason for not keeping the baby in with us is that I do not want to feed the baby in our bed - too much disturbance for hubby - I want to feed the baby in the nursery at night, so seems silly to carry the baby back & forth between our room and the nursery.

So, as subject line, did anyone decide NOT to keep the baby in their room at all?

Thanks in advance
C

we originally thought baby would go straight into her own room, but once she was born i wanted her next to me, i loved watching her sleep and it was easier for those first feedings when its every 4 hours

we were like u when i was pg, we thought we'd put her in her own room. but when she arrived, we couldnt bear the thought of her not being near us and it was much easier for me when she was up every few hours for a feed. i think ur husband will learn 2 sleep thru it u kno. my boyf is normally a light sleeper but now millie can cry really loudly and in the morning he'll ask me did she wake at all last nite!

Ruby was in our room for the first night, then she went into her nursery (we put her moses basket inside her cot)...I wasnt too keen on first but it was the best thing we ever did as she is so settled now in her cot

We had a night time routine from day one, bath, bottle and bed starting same time every night. It worked for us, she slept through from 7 weeks old.

She loves her nursery, after her 7am feed I aways put her back in cot wth her mobile and toys for half an hour while I showered, and she associated her cot with fun as well as sleeping.

We have never had a problem with her going to bed, she settles as soon as she is in cot.

We have a video monitor so we can watch her from downstairs of an evening once she is in bed, and I have the monitor next to me in bed, the screen flicks on if she makes a sound and that wakes me up to check on her. Our house is small and her nursery is right next to us, I can hear her fart she is so close :rotfl:

Rubys mummy said:
Ruby was in our room for the first night, then she went into her nursery (we put her moses basket inside her cot)...I wasnt too keen on first but it was the best thing we ever did as she is so settled now in her cot

We had a night time routine from day one, bath, bottle and bed starting same time every night. It worked for us, she slept through from 7 weeks old.

She loves her nursery, after her 7am feed I aways put her back in cot wth her mobile and toys for half an hour while I showered, and she associated her cot with fun as well as sleeping.

We have never had a problem with her going to bed, she settles as soon as she is in cot.

We have a video monitor so we can watch her from downstairs of an evening once she is in bed, and I have the monitor next to me in bed, the screen flicks on if she makes a sound and that wakes me up to check on her. Our house is small and her nursery is right next to us, I can hear her fart she is so close :rotfl:

This is esactly what I would like to acheive - routine from early on! :D

we moved alana to her nursery about 2 months old, she didnt notice any difference at all. we still had the same routine.

X5OT said:
Rubys mummy said:

Its hard work, and I found it hard, if I went out , I had be back in time for 6pm to start her routine, but it was so worth the effort we put in, now once she is down at 7.30pm now we dont hear a peep until 7am!! Its nice to have the evenings to do what we want, and she is so content and happy (and in return so are mummy and daddy!!)

Good luck and let me know if you need any advice...I promise if you stick with it, it realy doesnt take long and it is so worth it xxxxxx

Rubys mummy said:
X5OT said:
[quote="Rubys mummy":1ela8kx9]Ruby was in our room for the first night, then she went into her nursery (we put her moses basket inside her cot)...I wasnt too keen on first but it was the best thing we ever did as she is so settled now in her cot

Its hard work, and I found it hard, if I went out , I had be back in time for 6pm to start her routine, but it was so worth the effort we put in, now once she is down at 7.30pm now we dont hear a peep until 7am!! Its nice to have the evenings to do what we want, and she is so content and happy (and in return so are mummy and daddy!!)

Good luck and let me know if you need any advice...I promise if you stick with it, it realy doesnt take long and it is so worth it xxxxxx[/quote:1ela8kx9]

Thanks for that - I don't mind giving up my social life until we establish a good routine with our baby, as we will all benefit greatly from it in the end!

That is what we did too. And bed time has never been a problem, he has never asked to sleep with us and often asks to go to bed at night if for some reason we are running late! He is ALWAYS asleep by 7pm, we wake him at 8 and he still has a nap through the day.

Our next baby will sleep in her moses basket in the cot in her room from day one too and I just hope and pray it has the same effect on her.. :pray:

Imogens in with me and yes she wakes me and hubby up but we take it in turns to feed er and the other goes back to bed.

I couldnt out her in her own room anyway cos she would have to share with her brother and she would wake him up!! no chance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back