anyone used angus cactus?

Emma22

Reaction score
ive had fairly irregular periods since coming off the pill in december, 35, 37, 31, 40, 35, 32, 28 days and on cd 30 at the mo. Think it was muffin who said it helps settle hormones? i cant really find much about it on the web.....just wondered if any of you have used it and whether it has helped? thanks :)

Hiya Emma

Angus Cactus can be very effective in balancing hormones. It's often used to reduce PMT and Menopausal symptoms, although it does have more extensive uses.

The effect it has on female hormones is largely a balancing effect. This 'normalising' influence makes it useful for a wide range of problems.
It can help improve can improve Headaches, Breast tenderness, Fatigue, Bloating, Anxiety and other similar psychological symptoms, Irregular cycles and Short or long cycles.

Results of using Agnus Castus are often seen within a few weeks. However, if you see no change, don't give up until you have taken it through two periods.

Hope this helps a little.

oh thats very much for the help rachael, thats great info, im going to pick some up on my way home tonight and start taking it, do i need to start at the begining of my next cycle or can i start it now do you know? im on cd 30 at the mo and not really sure when af will arrive as missed ov this month :wall:

sorry thanks very much, my typing no good this morning!

Hiya Emma

It does not matter what cycle day you begin taking Agnus Cactus, however it's wise to wait until your next AF as it is not reccomended that you take it if pregnant.

When you start taking the Agnus Cactus, take it first thing in the morning as it is is the best time to influence the Pituitary gland - which apears to be the main target of the herb.

thanks rachael, will wait for af to arrive then and start taking it, hope it has some good results! :pray:

hi emma,
agnus castus is very good for regulating yourself, i swear its the reason i fell last month(all be it beans gone now :( ) ive started back on it today, cant give up i guess?3 drops of agnus castus during the day. i also take 1 vit e, 2 evening primrose, 1 folic acid, i zinc and 1 vit b. we were ttc for 9 mths, first month i tried with the vits, bfp. hope your well, pm me if you want anymore info on the vitsxx

Hi

hope this helps your regulate more hun!
Katrina

Hi Rachael (sorry to butt in Emma!) :)

I have always suffered from long cycles and PMT from ovulation until I get my AF, feeling quite moody and anxious for 2 weeks at a time. I am already dreading my periods returning and was recommended to take evening primrose oil. Do you think the angus cactus would be a better idea and could I take it while BF?

Thank you so much, its not the first time I've asked your advice :hug:

skatty said:
Hi Rachael (sorry to butt in Emma!) :)

I have always suffered from long cycles and PMT from ovulation until I get my AF, feeling quite moody and anxious for 2 weeks at a time. I am already dreading my periods returning and was recommended to take evening primrose oil. Do you think the angus cactus would be a better idea and could I take it while BF?

Thank you so much, its not the first time I've asked your advice :hug:

Hiya Scatty

Evening Primrose Oil is a good choice to remedy the problems you are having with long cycles, moods and anxiety. It contains Omega-6 fatty acid GLA, which is a fatty acid that the body converts into the hormone-like substances called prostaglandins, which promotes female hormonal balance.
Although Angus Cactus would be beneficial and has similar effective results, it is not reccomended for breast feeding or pregnant women. You can safely take Evening Primrose Oil when Brestfeeding. Breast milk actually contains both LA and GLA, and it may be a necessary part of a newborn's diet.

...It can take up to 3 months for the results of taking EPO to show results, so you'll need to bear that in mind if you think it's not working after a month!

Hope this helps a little

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back