Appointment is July 25th... what a day....

flisstebbs

Reaction score
Hi

Bit of a pointless thread really, but I got my letter for the recurrent miscarriage clinic today. It felt a bit weird to be getting excited about it, but I couldn't help it. This business is weird for what feelings you get.

I think at least there are some people here who will understand :)

Happy weekend everyone.

xxx

Last edited:
I'm sorry that you are having to go there at all but it is fab that it's just around the corner. Hopefully they'll have you sorted in no time xx

Exactly what Lou said xx

They'll get you fixed up and a super sticky bfp in no time xxxx :love:

It's not wierd to get excited at all, - It's progress , that's what's exciting X

Only 1 month to go Fliss, that's great news there's not too much of a wait.
Hopefully you will get some answers xxx

Bugger. Letter this morning putting it back to 25th July. BOOOO!

Awww that sucks hun, just keep thinking this time next week .....

Argh how can they do that?! :wall2:

Only a week later I suppose, grateful for small mercies xx

It was just really annoying that the 2 letters arrived within 2 days of each other!! How flippin disorganised is that??? You're right, only a week, and my work were great, given me the monring off to go.

I have told DH not to come to this one (its really hard for him to get time off), as I think it will just be informing us what tests they do, and probably a lot more relevant for me than DH. I think it would be better for him to come to the appointment with the results...

Arrrrgggg! Just got home after 2 days away to find TWO letters from the hospital, both inviting me to an appointment on the 18th July. WTF is going on??? Just cancelled my clinic for the 25th so feeling very pissed off, as if the appointment is still on the 18th july, I'm going to have to change it all round again!!

You're going to have to phone them up I think. You need to know what they have in their appointment books because it sounds to me like you've repeated in the system or something xx

Well it was today afterall...

There wasn't much else to say to the consultant (he's seen me through each loss except the one where i was 21), other than the fact my cycles have slowly gone down from 31 days last year to 26 days now since the ectopic.

As Carnat predicted (thanks BTW), its was bloods for both me and DH, but he only had 2 tubes and I had 11 :shock:. 5 of the tubes had to be done without the tourniquet though and it took ages with multiple stabbings and i did a rather spectacular faint....:blush:

I'm having a 3d scan with the consultant on fri, so may know something then, or not....
Blood results going to take 6 weeks as include karotyping (chromosomes) and have to go off to some lab in salisbury :roll:

Anyway, me and my depleted arm are off to bed now:night:

Hey Good luck with all the tests I hope you get some answers.

Eek to the fainting!! 11 vials of blood is loads, did you get lots of looking after?
Glad you are getting somewhere though.
What is the 3d scan for? Xx

Ouch hun, thats a lot of blood poor you. Hope they get you sum answers soon.

Michelle. x

Oh that is really good Flisstebs! It sounds like your level 1 immunes, most people have to beg for them on the Nhs :)

They'll check for clotting issues and genetic issues - anything that might cause miscarriage, minus the NK cells.

And a 3D scan too!

Great stuff xx

I must admit, I'm feeling well looked after. Last night when i was feeling like a miserable minnie about having to be in the clinic at all, I just tried to remember how much all that lot would cost if I was going privately - probably thousands of pounds.

Blondy - the 3d scan is to look for any structural probs in the uterus/tubes etc. I think its being done as my cycles have gone from 31 days to 26 now. Or it may just be part of the work up.

As for being looked after when i fainted, they called the crash team :shock:. It was highly embarrassing.... My work were lovely when I pitched up 2 hours later than planned looking like death though.

Well it was today afterall...

There wasn't much else to say to the consultant (he's seen me through each loss except the one where i was 21), other than the fact my cycles have slowly gone down from 31 days last year to 26 days now since the ectopic.

As Carnat predicted (thanks BTW), its was bloods for both me and DH, but he only had 2 tubes and I had 11 :shock:. 5 of the tubes had to be done without the tourniquet though and it took ages with multiple stabbings and i did a rather spectacular faint....:blush:

I'm having a 3d scan with the consultant on fri, so may know something then, or not....
Blood results going to take 6 weeks as include karotyping (chromosomes) and have to go off to some lab in salisbury :roll:

Anyway, me and my depleted arm are off to bed now:night:

Oh bless you hun, I wasn't sure whether to tell you about the amount of blood or not???

I had 14 vials in one sitting, and I must admit I am glad I didn't know in advance as I'd only ever had blood taken once before and I would have freaked out :shock:

I am glad all went well Fliss and at least this part of it is out of the way now!

Did they book you a follow up appointment yet?

xxxxxxxxxxxx

All sounds great

My biggest was 5 in one go and I thought I was going to be sick but you guys are super heroes!

(just thought I'd share that my phone wanted to write super herpes rather than super heroes then and it made me laugh)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back