Are BH meant to be painful?

KirstyL

Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Braxton Hicks aren’t meant to hurt are they? And aren’t they meant to be infrequent?
For the last 30 minutes, out of nowhere, I’ve been getting these really sharp pains around my tummy, they only last a few seconds, probably no more than 10-15, but they are every few minutes at the moment, I didn’t think BH hurt, but these really do, to the point of not being able to change position at my desk (yeah I’m at work, typical!)

I’ll take some paracetamol, but I go home in an hour, so I’ll see if they ease, if not, I’ll be ringing the MW – just wondered if it’s worth it, or just me being daft when all they are, are BH :)
xx

I've never had them so I'm not sure but I think I've read on here that some people find them painful and others don't. see how you get on if you are concerned phone the midwife :)

Sounds very similar to pains I was getting a couple of weeks ago. I had paracetamol and it didn't help so when I called midwife they arranged a taxi to pick me up and take me straight to hospital where they checked me over for preterm labour and my waters breaking. Turned out it was neither of these things, don't know what they were tbh but they eased off within the next couple of days.

Hope everything's ok xx

Oh yehh, they weren't braxton hicks for me... When I get them they don't hurt, but could be different for you xx

Last edited:
Thanks hun, I'll be ringing the MW when I get home if it still hurts - very odd!
Jeez, if I can't even cope with these pains, whatever they are, I'm going to be shocking in actual labour :)
Heppi - I read your post about that, really hope you're okay now hunni.
xx

Yehh thing's are going ok now thanks... No more pains thankfully :) other than general pregnancy niggles. What we women go through! Ha ha xx

oh you will cope fine :) you have no choice.. :lol: nah you will be great its surprising how we adapt in different situations. I hope the painful things you are getting stop just now though, can't be fine at work. Have a nice warm bath when you get home and see if that helps any!

oh you will cope fine :) you have no choice.. :lol: nah you will be great its surprising how we adapt in different situations. I hope the painful things you are getting stop just now though, can't be fine at work. Have a nice warm bath when you get home and see if that helps any!

Exactly where I'm heading when I get home!
See if it helps any, if not, I'll give the MW unit a call, just don't wanna waste their time if all it is is BH, I'll feel a right wally :)
Yeah you're right, we have no choice, we'll be fine, and our bodies were made for childbirth ey!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back