Arghhhhhh!

Sarah13

Reaction score
Feel like being able to scream instead of type! Why do I have a 9 month old who sleeps and feeds like a newborn? Wish I knew where I've gone wrong. Im the only one who can settle him as he just carries on screaming at oh until I feed him. Sometimes I just feel like going out and leaving them to it, I've not had a night out since I was still pregnant because of this. I don't believe in cry it out so that's not an option but 9 months of broken sleep is not so fun anymore, Im tempted to move his cot back into our room but feels like a step backwards. Im so jealous of everyone else with their sleeping babies. Its all everyone asks me as well so I've started saying he sleeps better so they don't ask so much.

I was going to post a thread similar to this! Albeit she doesn't feed and sleep like a new born but if I'm around then noone else will do and I'm the one who has to feed her or play with her, she has absolutely no interest in OH if I'm around yet she is perfectly fine with him if they go out in the car together then come back home and I'm not there.

Tonight he just screams unless I cuddle him, whole time I brushed my teeth he cried for me, Im now sat here comforting him. Think he's got a bit of separation anxiety to add to the not sleeping well!

Awww that's crap! I'm dreading the separation anxiety. I most admit I'm kinda used to broken sleep and feel worse if he sleeps well! That's so wrong! Lol! He will get there!!! :hugs:

sometimes you have to take one step back to take 2 forward if you think it will help try moving him back yo your room it cant make things any worse hun xx

Could be right about the one step back thing! He ended up in bed with me most of the night and was still unsettled for some reason, happy now though!

Can it be teeth hun? I remember Anton being like that when top ones were.coming through. Hugs, i had very little sleep as well

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I know u had that 'no cry sleep solutions' book Sarah- have u considered co-sleeping with him until at least a year? Im sure thats what the author did with her kids? It may b a step back but u would probably get more sleep and mayb he would be more settled for u?......I know it must be really hard hun, u have done amazing to keep going like u have, Kynon will get there in the end! U will prob find that later on when other mummies are having issues with behaviour that he will be a little angel! Have u asked for any advice from HV or nursery nurse? Or r u worried they will just say CIO? x

Least we both know we're not alone! His bottom 2 came through last week so maybe more will appear!

Its weird but it makes me a feel a bit better i am not the only one in the whole world.
I will look at cranial osteopathy (sp) and see if that makes any difference

Ill be interested to see if it works! Getting to the point where anything is worth a go!

I could have written this - Jacob is exactly the same. Doesn't sleep through, although he's getting better slowly, wakes about 2am to come into bed with me, this has happened every night since he was born. He can be perfectly happy with OH in the evening, during bath time, but the second he sees me, he screams, he won't settle with anyone else, still goes to sleep on the boob, it's hard work, not a full nights sleep in almost a year, but I wouldn't change him for the world. Am hoping he is starting a new routine as the past 3 nights, he's been down in his cot around 8:00, whereas before it was around 930/1000. Hope things improve soon hun.xx

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I could of written this too hun, im sure our winter 2011 babies have been born without a sleep gene as a couple of my friends who had their around the same time have said this too!
Ive just come to terms with the fact that Lexi is one of these children that wont sleep through till they are older as ive tried everything (apart from putting her in our bed, because in my opinion i don't agree with it)
But if anyone comes across anything that works and i haven't tried i will gladly give it a go.
Massive :hugs: to you Sarah as its not easy x x

Think your right about the lack of sleep gene m2a! I think you just cope better some nights than others, maybe when Im tired or have lots to do it bothers me more.

I finally got a full nights sleep last night, woohoo :D
How did your night go Sarah? Hope you managed to get some rest x x

Mine doesn't sleep through either! I'm still getting up on average, twice a night to feed him. The last couple of mornings, he's also woken super early, around 4/5am and not gone back to sleep. So tiring.

Girls have you tried dreamfeeding? We would find that Grace would wake up at 4am every morning for a feed so a few months ago we started doing a dreamfeed at 10:30pm and it sees her through till the morning x x

I've not dream fed since he was really little so could be worth another try. Last night was the best in months and he went 6 hours, midnight til 6am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back