Baby porridge

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Isla is allergic to cows milk protein and it seems alot of the baby porridges have milk protein in them.

Anyone know of one without milk in?

So is Ella but we still give her baby cereal/baby porridge with her neocate formula in it and she seems ok. It must only be a small amount.

Most of the organix stuff doesn't have added milk, u just add yours, I have the same problem with Henry!

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

Can I just ask how the Docs identified an intolerance to milk protein...have been thinking this might be a problem Ollie has due to the significant reflux and now he has patches of eczema too....not sure how they would identify anything?

The only one i've found so far is a cow and gate Bannana porridge 7m + one and i just add extra milk Too make it smoother x

Can I just ask how the Docs identified an intolerance to milk protein...have been thinking this might be a problem Ollie has due to the significant reflux and now he has patches of eczema too....not sure how they would identify anything?

There is no test as such, it's just identified by symptoms, eczema and reflux being on the list!
Are you BF or FF, if FF what are you giving him as some are gentler than others and if you are BF have you tried cutting out dairy?? A couple of things to consider to see if things change. x

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

Wss!! And we use the organix rice as well!! Well used!! X

Ps J has the CM intolerance to, wasn't a random comment!! X for when islas older there's also a CandG muesli that is milk less as well, but for b.fast that's all we've got x

My Lucy had bleeding from bottom and in poohs apparently is classic sign. Now she is on neocate the bleeding has stopped thank godless very traumatic xx

Joshua had horrendous diaarheoa it literally covered him from head to toe, would start SCREAMING striaght after feeds and not stop till the end of the day by which point he was exhausted and fell to sleep. Terrible eczema is a sign...... Oh and he stopped breathing. It made his stomach swell and press on his lungs!! We got put on nutramigen and he's been fine!! Also reflux is apparently a sign as well-bad reflux!! X

Ollie is under the paediatrician as the had Sandifers Syndrome (has spasms that causes breath holding at times) due to his reflux. He was originally on Aptamil stage 1 milk which we changed to Aptamil comfort due to what we thought was colic (still not convinced as he has episodes of screaming in the evenings even at nearly 5 months old) then to C&G comfort due to the huge price hike on baby milkd until we found that the Gaviscon was making his milk too thick and the local supermarkets had a shortage of comfort milk at the same time so we ended up on C&G stage 1 milk which was no different to the other milks when it came to his reflux/spasms.
We've just stopped his Gaviscon and using Carobel in his milk which seems to have made a small improvement to the amount of milk he is bringing back up and trying to determine if there is a trend to his sicky days as he has been great today for some reason (?)...his eczema is getting worse though, on the leg and arm creases and quite bad round his neck area too, poor thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back