Baby slings/carrier

Moofa

Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if any Mums could help with my query?

I want to get a baby sling or carrier. I have limited use of my right arm and have been looking for a sling carrier not only I could put on by myself but put LO in when born as I am aware there will be lots of wriggling. I have seen this http://www.babytalk-online.co.uk/infant ... y-carriers but would also like to think about a front carrier one too.

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Mx

I'm opting for something like Close baby carrier or the Big Mamma wrap sling (have a look at the other types of carriers they do on their site also - some interesting ones there might work well for you over the sling style you linked to.

I like that the wraps can be used different ways and some also on the back. LO can face inward or outward. And freedom of movement works well also.

I'm not sure with limited movement how well a wrap sling would work for you, but you could always go try them out in store and see. We did a dummy run with a teddy bear and really liked them, but obviously you'd have to assess if one were right for you. I can see the advantage for you of a sling in the early days for sure.

Hi. There's a seller on ebay - Freedom Slings - who does excellent front carrier padded slings. Im pretty sure that you can reverse them too so you could wear the baby on either side, which you may find useful. They are simple to put on as they are just a loop that you put over you, like a sash. When my little girl was born she was so happy in the sling and it was much better for getting her to sleep than the pram. I still use it now in the hip position (DD is one now).
HTH x

I've just got a freedom sling, been playing with a doll in it :oops: but it is really comfortable and you can wear it on either side and you can adjust it so it doesn;t get in the way of your good arm either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back